Chapter 25

He sighed and nodded his head, looking at me with guilt.

"So you guys put yourself in danger and put your lives out there for no fucking reason?!" I stood up, suddenly feeling angry.

"We do it for the money Sky.." Jeremy sighed.

"Oh yeah, money is more important than your lives!" I glared.

"Careful Princess, you actually sound like you care.." Nathaniel stated with a smirk tugging at his lips.

Them I lost it.

"That's because I do care to idiots! Yo I guys were like my best friends when I moved here and actually made me feel good about myself when others would spread rumors and call me names! You idiots were my bet friends and I don't want you to die! God! Y'all are so stupid!" I laughed humorless my at the end of my outburst and felt tears come up to my ears but I didn't dare let them fall out.

Silence filled the room and I looked down at my feet but looked up suddenly when someone wrapped their arms around me.

Jeremy rubbed circles on my back as I wrapped my arms around his torso and sighed into his chest.

"Thanks for worrying Sky.." He whispered, kissing my forehead.

"I'm still mad at you guys. You are just idiots to do something like that.."

I mumbled.

He chuckled and stepped away from me before looking at Nate and leaving.

What the hell?

I looked awkwardly at my feet until I herd Nate sigh and then he stood up.

He started walking towards me and I kept my eyesight to the ground, not paying attention to his presence.

"Princess?" he asked softly.

When I didn't answer, Nate lifted his hand up and brought my eyes to meet his.

"Why are you crying?"

Bringing my hand up to my face, I just noticed the tears that were slowly dripping down.

"No reason.." I whispered.

Nate sighed and pulled me into his arms before nuzzling his head in te crook of my neck.

"I just don't want to lose you.." I cried.

Yup. Definitely hormonal..

"Shhh.. You aren't gonna loose me." he chuckled, rubbing my back soothingly.

"Really? You put your life on the line for no reason but money? How can I not be sure you aren't gonna die? Who do you fight? A bunch of buff guys who are impossibly bigger than you?"

He chuckled "You think I'm big Princess?"

I backed up and widened my eyes "Umm... N- no!"

He smirked before putting his arms around my waist and planting his lips on mine.

At first I was shocked, but soon shook it off and moved my lips in sync with his.

We state kissing for a few seconds longer before I pulled away and smirked.

"So does that mean I'm your girlfriend now?" I teased.

Nate smirked back at me and leaned down before whispering "You've been mine ever since I laid eyes on you and you'll always be mine."

A hint of growl was in his voice making me get goosebumps.

I like that thought.. Being all his.... We could kiss, hug, cuddle, maybe even a but more..?

I have such a dirty mind..

That possessiveness was a huge turn on!

My cheeks heated up and I looked away from Nate, who was grinning down at me.

"So who exactly do you fight?" I mumbled.

"Well no one exactly, there can be anyone.People who want to let off steam, people trying to win bets, guys who like the adrenaline rush, people who do it for the money, normal street people, even gang members." he shrugged.

I gasped "Gang leaders?!"

"Yeah, you don't have to worry though.. Almost every one I've fought got sent to the hospital and I have the championships in eleven months."

"You're in championships?!" I grinned.

Why am I grinning?! He could die!!

"Yeah, five hundred thousand is the prize." he smirked.

"Maybe I could see you fight one time?" I asked hopefully.

His grin turned into a glare and he gripped onto me harshly.

"You will never go to the arena. Okay?" he growled dangerously, making me take a cautious step back.

"Okay..Im sorry Nate." I whispered.

His eyes softened and he sighed "No, I'm sorry, just don't ever go. Its too dangerous."

I nodded my head before stepping into his warm arms again.

Ugh, this is awesome..