Chapter 12

The second the bell rang, I sprinted out of the door and to the school theatre to get ready for try outs.

I'm seriously wanting this part..

While kids were eating, I changed into my clothes I brought before going to a ballet barre and starting to tretch so I don't pull something.

"Okay guys! Gather around!!" Mrs. Morgan called, holding a clip board.

Everyone auditioning crowded around her and she started.

"For auditions, everyone wil Lso their routine while me, Coac Mo, and Principle Woodward decide who gets what part, understood? I the order we are going in, volunteers will go fisrt and then we will go in ABC order. You can leave after you audition, results will be posted on every Homeroom bulletin board. Who wants to go first?"

Immediately, I raised my hand along with some other people and Mrs. Morgan looke around until her eyes landed on me and she smiled.

"Mrs. Bradley, you can go first. Good luck."

I nodded my head and everyone got off the stage as I positioned myself on the stage and I fixed my microphone as the music started.

I can hold my breath

I can bite my tongue

I can stay awake for days

If that's what you want

Be your number one

I sang.

I can fake a smile

I can force a laugh

I can dance and play the part

If that's what you ask

Give you all I am

My leap turned into a triple pirouette and I slid down into a split before coming back up and continuing.

I can do it

I can do it

I can do it

But I'm only human

And I bleed when I fall down

I'm only human

And I crash and I break down

Your words in my head, knives in my heart

You build me up and then I fall apart

'Cause I'm only human

I looked down at my feet and attempted to look sad.

I can turn it on

Be a good machine

I can hold the weight of worlds

If that's what you need

Be your everything

I can do it

I can do it

I'll get through it

I jumped up and started all over.

But I'm only human

And I bleed when I fall down

I'm only human

And I crash and I break down

Your words in my head, knives in my heart

You build me up and then I fall apart

'Cause I'm only human

I'm only human

I'm only human

Just a little human

I can take so much

'Til I've had enough

'Cause I'm only human

And I bleed when I fall down

I'm only human

And I crash and I break down

Your words in my head, knives in my heart

You build me up and then I fall apart

'Cause I'm only human

My pirouettes slowed down until I slid onto the floor and looked down into my lap.

If that doesn't say good acting, I don't know what does.

The theatre was quiet until someone slowly started clapping and then others joined and soon I had a standing ovation while claps echoed around the room.

I stood up before doing a little curtsies and walking backstage where a stage manager congratulated me.

After grabbing my bags from backstage, I went out the back door but immediately stopped when I saw Nate and Jer leaning against the brick wall with cigarettes in their mouths.

Nate was glaring forward at nothing while Jer was talking to him.

When they hurt me come out, both of their head snapped over to me and Jeremy smiled while Nate was gaping slightly at me with a hard expression.

Wtf?

"Hey Sky" Jer smiled.

"Hi." I smiled, walking past them.

"What were you doing here so late?" Jeremy asked.

"I had to do something."

They probably didn't but it seeing as how I was in different clothes, but he didn't say anything back.

"Do you need a ride home?" he asked as I continued past them.

I turned and smiled slightly "Its fine, I can walk."

"No! Come on Nathan" he laughed, getting off the wall and walking towards me.

I shook my head at him before following him to a big black truck and Nate climbed into the drivers seat.

The only words spoke were the directions to my house and I quietly thanked them before hopping out of the truck and starting for my house.

This day was sufficiently awkward..