Chapter 22

I walked through the hallways of the high school trying my best not to seem terrified.

Truth is, I was. I may have really liked the boys, but after what they did?! That was sick! And what'd they do after? Smirk and fist bump.

Yup, they're keepers..

Kids bumped into me and kept on with their lives.

They probably wouldn't have if I didn't have my hoodie over my head because everyone thinks I'm in a thing with one of the boys, and hey don't want their asses kicked.

Just as I got to my locker, Kayla and Paisley walked up to me.

"O God! Sky are you okay?! You look awful!" Paisley shrieked, examining my face.

I would have argued, but they were right.

My eyes were puffy and red from crying while I had bags under my eyes because I kept waking up last night, wanting Nate's touch.

Today I didn't wear makeup and stuck with some baggy grey sweatpants, black converse high tops, and my grey cotton and leather hoodie.

Long story short, I looked completely aweful.

"Sky?" Kayla asked softly. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine.. The boys and I just had a big argument.. Ill be okay." I shrugged, not making eye contact.

"Well, you can sit by us at lunch if you want to?" Paisley smiled sadly.

I nodded my head and gave them both appreciative smiled before turning back to my locker and shutting it.

"Now come on honey, you look like death.."

Kayla grabbed my arm and started pulling me towards the girls bathroom and locked the door behind me.

She pat the counter, trying to tell me to sit and I obeyed silently.

At first, they just examine me until Paisley pulled a big bag out of her purse and outed makeup all over the counter.

What the hell?

They both crawled on the counter on either side of me before Paisley went in front of me while Kayla went to the back.

I didn't say a word as Kayla made a cute messy fishtail braid down my back and put my bangs in front of my face, adding o to the good looks.

Paisley put Chapstick on my lips to add a little more color and because they were seriously chapped. After, she added some mascara and a thick layer of eye liner before adding some blush to my pale face and outing some base below my eyes, making the bags only slightly visible.

When they were done, we jus sat in the bathroom talking and laughing until the bell rang for their period and I gathered my stuff before taking deep breaths.

I have to sit right I front of him.. Lord help me..?

Paisley gave me a reassuring smile as Kayla pat my back and we unlocked the door before stepping into the pretty empty hallways.

No wonder, the bell rings in a minute..

Without caring that I was going to be late, I slowly made my way to class and made it in six minutes, already missing five minutes of it.

Taking a final breath, I opened the door and immediately everyone's heads shot up to me.

Well shit..

My eyes immediately found those beautiful blue ones and as soon as I met them, I looked away and at the glaring teacher.

"Your reason for being late Mrs. Bradley?"

"There was no reason.." I shrugged before walking back to my seat, keeping my head low.

I could feel eyes on me, so I slumped down in my seat all through class until the teacher dismissed the lesson and told us we had a few minutes just to talk.

Not even botherin to turn around, I just sat in my desk waiting for the bell to ring as I still felt Nathaniel's eyes on me.

Stalker alert..

The bell finally rang and I ran out of the room and headed for the cafeteria.

Before that though, I stopped in the restroom and redid my makeup and then headed for the food area.

My favorite subject... ;)

As soon as I stepped into the cafeteria, some of the noise quieted down and people started staring at me as I scratched my head nervously and then sped walk towards Kayla and Paisleys table.

They gave me small smiles and I nodded my head at them before plugging my earphones in my ears and jamming out to BVB.

After a few minutes, the seat dipped

Next to me and the earphones were ripped out of my ears.

When I saw Jeremy, I started backing away as Paisley and Kayla stared at us shocked.

He noticed my expression because he held his hands up in surrender before sighing.

"Sky? Come sit with us.. Please?" he groaned.

Without looking at him, I shook my head.

He probably didn't notice though because of how hard my body was shaking.

Ugh...

"Come on Sky, that argument wasn't that bad!" he wined, emphasizing the word argument.

I ignored him and plugged my earphones in my ears as he stood up and walked back to his table.