21: Initiation Day 5

Everyone watched as Diana and Emy faced off with chess. They all know that Diana is good in this game. But they were expecting that this girl will somehow give her some sweat.

Napailing na lang ang karamihan while they were thinking that this is girl is just making a fool of herself.

However, not all of them are thinking the same.

For example, Franco had never seen Emy played chess before but he knew that she wouldn't just let anyone beat her this badly. He knows that for a fact because he witnessed her tenaciousness before.

Kaya naman kahit na naririnig na niya ang mga sinasabi ng mga tao sa paligid ay kalmado lang siya na nakaupo doon at nanonood.

Isa pa na kagaya ni Franco ay ang lalaking nakaupo sa itaas ng puno. He hates socializing that much lalo sa mga tao ng Grey City kaya naman he prefers to stay kung saan walang masyadong tao. But he made sure na sa pwesto niya ay mapapanood pa rin niya ang laban ng dalawang babae sa stage.

Then his lips hooked up as he noticed that Emy started to really make her move.

***

"My God, nagpapatawa ba siya? Does she really think kaya niya si Diana?" Natatawa pang tanong ni Cherry.

"Let her be. Let her taste her own arrogance." Sabi naman ni Kelly.

"The game is not yet done at hindi pa rin nananalo si Diana so what are you two being happy there?" Nakataas pang kilay na tanong ni Lucy sa dalawa. Bakit ba napaupo siya malapit sa dalawa na ito?

"Oh, are you close to her, Lucy?" Cherry asked with fake surprised. Then she smiled. "Unfortunately, she is not Samantha who can turn around tables when she wants too."

Lucy smirked. "Are you admiting now the greatness of your cousin? What a sore loser are you, Cherry. Aaminin mo din naman pala pero kung kelan wala na siya."

"Exactly, she is dead already. Yan ang napapala ng mga taong masyadong perfect kung umasta." Sabi naman ni Kelly.

"Talaga lang ha?" She said, boringly. Walang sense kausap ang mga ito. Nagpatuloy na lang siya sa panonood sa dalawa.

She's unsure about Emy beating Diana. But she's hoping for some divine mercy to happen.

As if hearing her wishes, Emy took down one of Diana's pawn.

"Tch. Tsamba." She heard Kelly said.

Pero dinedma lang niya ito because another pawn was taken down by Emy. It can just be tsamba, right?

Diana was still calm. You can say that those two are her mistakes. As long as she still has her important pieces, she's fine.

Right on that moment, Emy took down her Rook... and then the other one.

Nangunot ang noo ni Diana. And looked clearly at her opponent's side of board. Half of her pieces were already taken down by her. 4 pieces of pawn, a rook, a knight and a bishop.

That's when she only realized that it was so evenly taken down. Could it be intentional?

Diana tried to gain her momentum again. She straightened up and slowed her pace.

Emy, on the other hand, smiled at herself. She noticed that Diana was suddenly became cautious. But it is too late for her already.

She has been cornered by her a long time ago. Emy had already blocked all of her possible attempt of redemption. No matter how much she struggle at her, it would all just be in vain.

The outcome of this game has long been decided.

***

"Interesting play." Sebastian muttered to himself.