11: Horse Riding

Hanggang pag-uwi ni Emy ay iniisip niya si Haow. Although their training goes smoothly after that sudden stop, hindi nawala sa isipan niya ang tanong ni Haow.

"Do you believe in reincarnation, Emy?"

Of all the people, siya ang buhay na patotoo ng reincarnation. She died and her soul took over the soul of another lady. And she's been living as her ever since.

Kahit siya ay nasanay na rin. She used to be aware kapag tinatawag siya as Emy because if not, hindi talaga siya lilingon. But now, everything that is all about Emy became hers totally.

But she really wonders why Haow asked that?

Naputol lang ang iniisip niya when Lia appeared and told her na natapos ng lahat ng armor na pinagawa niya.

"Distribute those for Liu Fu and Choi Kang. As for the others, keep it somewhere safe first. I need to find away to give it to them without raising questions as how I get them."

Lia waited and listened to her Miss' further instruction before bidding goodbye.

After that ay nagpahinga na din si Emy. She doubted it if she can still write an entry on her notes when she is this occupied.

***

The next day...

Mas nauna na si Haow kay Emy this time. He waited for her habang ang tinali muna niya ang dalawang kabayo sa may puno.

Yesterday, he was a bit of mess. Masyado siyang nagpadala sa emosyon niya. He wonders if he causes discomfort toward Emy?

Napahinga siya ng malalim. Bakit naman kasi magkakamemory attack siya ay noon pa mismong kasama niya ito? When Chief found out about what had happened, he immediately made him meditate.

The Chief helped him greatly. Lalo na nung mga panahong nag-aadjust pa lang siya with the sudden changes in his life. Kaya naman wala siyang itinatago dito. Lahat ay sinasabi niya. And somehow, the Chief is as if can read him totally kaya wala ding point kung magtatago siya dito.

"If that girl provokes your memory attack this much and makes you feel too much, then maybe she will play a great role with you in this lifetime."

That's what the Chief told him last night. Pero ayaw na niyang umasa. Tama na yung isa lang ang babaeng kaya siyang pagawain ng mga bagay na hindi niya usual na ginagawa. Tama na na isang babae lang ang mahalin niya ng sobra sobra that he even was willing to take an arrow in his heart for her.

She is enough.

Napahinga siya ng malalim. He has to stop thinking. He should focus. The Chief was asking him to train Emy properly. She had to totally grasp the basic before transitioning to Chief's care.

They had just started yesterday but he had a feeling of urgency from the Chief.

"Ehem... You seem to be in deep thoughts again."

Haow was indeed busy thinking at hindi niya namalayan na nandoon na ang dalaga. He looked up to answer but he caught his breath when she saw her. What a sight she is! Wearing a riding outfit really suits her.

"You look... beautiful."

Emy raised an eyebrow at his praise. He blurted it out without thoughts but her expression is not something he had expected. It was again the same as that girl's expression whenever he was praising her.

It was like if anyone said something nice to her, she can't just accept it whole-heartedly not unless you will explain to her wh6 do you think so.

Just how much more likeliness between the two of them that Haow can take? It's like every action of this girl reminds him of his past lover that much. Will he ever get use to it?

Once again, he shook his head to remove unnecessary thoughts. Then he stood up.

"Come, I will let you ride your horse alone."

***

As the Chief wanted, Haow trained Emy intensively within three months time. Hindi rin naman mahirap turuan ang dalaga. She was really a fast learner. Kapag nakakaranas ito ng struggle sa concept na binibigay niya, he knew that the girl does her research thoroughly.

She read books and asked questions if necessary. Well, maraming tumutulong sa kanya. Franco is the first one. He obviously doted his cousin so much. She could have been a brat if she wanted too and Franco will just let her do whatever she wanted to willingly.

Bukod pa doon, he noticed her closeness between Liu Fu and Choi Kang. They looked at her respectively. Even Choi Kang na matinik sa mga babae treated her reverendly.

Kapag kailangan niya ng tulong and asked them, they will say no complain and do her bidding accordingly.

And that made him curious.

Is this just her charm or did she do something to them?

As for him naman... Well, he did his best to strictly train her. It was needed after all. The Chief's training won't be easy and the old man will surely not hold back just because she is a girl. Being a great hunter after all is not a piece of cake.

Although, from time to time, he was being flooded by memories because of what she had said or done. But it became bearable after some time.

He learned how to deal with their similarities and to suppress his emotion as needed. It was also a great learning opportunity for him too.

And before he noticed it, Emy had already mastered horse riding by herself. Since that's the case, they had their last practice today.

For the last time, Haow was strict to her. It was alright for her. The more she is pressured, the quicker she wanted to learn things.

To be honest, she regards Haow respectfully. He taught her greatly. Hindi rin naman niya inaasahan because he doesn't look so. But Liu Fu told her once na siya ang pinakainaalagaan na apprentice ng Chief.

Oh well, she's not wondering now.

He taught her a thing or two that can't even be found in a book. And she's very grateful.

They are riding back to the gate now when Emy remembered his question to her on their first day of training.

"Haow, do you still remember your question to me during our first day of training?"

"Which one?" Haow has smirk on his face. "And why so suddenly reminisce, Emy? Is it because this is our last day of training?" He asked teasingly.

Emy rolled her eyes at him.

"Nope. I just remembered. Anyway, you asked me before if I believe in reincarnation."

For a moment, nawala ang mga ngiti ng binata. But he immediately put it back on his face.

"Yeah. It was just out of whim. You don't have to mind it."

"Ah, but I believe it, though."

Haow looked at Emy curiously.

"I believe in reincarnation. That a person will be reborn again after death but it will be depending on how one died kung ano ang magiging rebirth niya."

"Me too."

"Really?"

Haow nodded.

It was that moment that they both wanted to ask each other a question. But they both held back too.

If they only did, they would have found out something great about one another.

***