19: Formidable

Within ten days, the Ming Province was very busy.

The Chief announced that all smiths and tailors have to help the forge of Master Lino for ten days. In exchange, they will receive valuable prototypes and designs that can help their businesses. Bukod pa sa matatanggap nilang sweldo sa loob ng sampung araw na iyon.

Sila Choi Kang at Liu Fu naman ay naghagilap ng mga tao para umakyat ng bundok at manguha ng black liquid. They bring them down by barrels and then put them in small containers once they are down the mountain.

Sila Veronica naman at ang Pharmacy ay busy sa pagmmass produce ng mga gamot na maaaring magamit ng mga army sa paparating na laban.

At lahat ng ito ay ipinag-utos ni Sebastian according sa plano ni Emy.

It was indeed a good choice na pinuntahan niya ang dalaga ng gabing iyon. The next night na puntahan niya ulit ito, she already formulated a plan for him.

At ang lumipas pang mga gabi ay ginamit nila upang magstrategize kung ano ang gagawin ni Sebastian at mga tao niya sa mismong araw na iyon.

They formed a great tandem. Kapag may maiisip si Emy ay pinag-aarala nilang mabuti iyon at hinahanapan ng butas. Ganun din naman kapag siya ang nakakaisip.

Hanggang sa isang araw ay nakaisip na din sila ng strategy na parehas nilang aprubado.

"Finally. You are too meticulous, muntik na tayong walang maisip na maganda." Biro sa kanya ni Sebastian.

Emy rolled her eyes at him.

"Well, it's still a plan anyway. Let's hope you execute it on point."

The prince reached for her hair."Don't worry. That I can make sure of. I will discuss this to everyone, bukas na bukas din."

Emy nodded.

"I have noticed you are not playing chess anymore."

"I was busy. With all the trainings I've got, halos wala na nga rin akong oras para pumasok sa Ming Academy eh."

Sebastian nodded. "How about we play tonight?"

Emy looked at him. "Aren't you leaving early tonight too?"

"Nope. I really plan to stay a bit longer."

She raised an eyebrow at him but he just gave her a smile at saka tumayo at kinuha ang chessboard niya.

The prince placed it in front of them and soon they are already engaged in the game.

Emy realized how she missed playing it. This is the best simulator of her brain. Although tapos na ang paghihiganti niya kay Diana, she still played the game the same way.

In fact, napailing si Sebastian when she immediately put her King in a sacrificeable position.

"And here I thought there will be a change in your game. But no, you are still unwilling to use your King all throughout your game."

Hindi siya sinagot ni Emy. Instead, she focused in thinking what will be her next move.

Pero napatingala siya, when Sebastian changed his game and targeted Emy's King forcing her to move it away.

The prince has a smirk habang nakatingin sa kanya.

Emy ignored his smirk and continued to move her King out of Sebastian's pieces. After all, she also didn't want to end the game quickly.

But not unless she ensured the safety of her King, she couldn't attack using her queen and other pieces freely.

"You can't evade forever. Why not use it to attack then?"

"I can."

Emy rolled her eyes at saka tumira na ulit. She knew if she used her King to attack, she would fall into Sebastian's scheme. She didn't want that.

And she didn't want to end the game yet.

So of course, her next move was still about defending the King.

"This isn't a game of Grey City kung patuloy mo lang iiiwas ang King mo. In reality, anyone will aim to take that opportunity to take it down.

"Not unless, your King has formidable position in Grey City that everyone can't afford about to offend him in anyway at all."

Emy laughed. "Are you saying that you have a formidable position that makes you invicible now?"

Sebastian smirked at her. "Oh, so I am your King now?"

Natigilan si Emy.

Naisahan na naman siya ng binata. Tch. Minsan talaga napakagaling magpaikot ng taong ito at minsan ay hindi niya maiwasan na mabiktima nito.

Napailing na lang si Emy.

"Let's stop this. Nagkakalokohan na naman tayo eh."

Sebastian kept his smile saka siya tumayo at naupo sa tabi ni Emy.

"I am not kidding you."

"Yeah, right."

Ililigpit na sana niya yung chessboard niya when the Fifth Prince took a scroll from his pocket and gave it to her.

"Read it."

Emy took it and opened it carefully.

Nanlaki agad ang mga mata niyang napatingin kay Sebastian who just chuckled softly.

He reached for her hair and played with it.

"Is this for real?"

"Do you think I fake it?"

Alanganin siyang umiling.

The seal of the Emperor is very clear in the paper. No one has the same seal as his. At matinding parusa ang ipapataw kung may mamemeke ng seal niya.

"Why can't you believe it? You helped me accomplish this much.

"It was you who cleared my path towards the Crown Prince title.

"And I am sure, you will also be the key for me to be an Emperor.

"So why don't you just accept me as your King whole-heartedly? And I will be willing... too willing in fact, to take you as my Queen."

***

Emy still couldn't believe Sebastian's news to her last night.

The prince was indeed the Crown Prince now. Sikreto pa rin siya hanggang ngayon at tanging ang mga opisyales pa lamang ng Emperor ang mga nakakaalam niyon dahil hinihintay pa ng Emperor na mag 20 years old si Sebastian bago iannounce iyon sa buong Grey City which in her count will be a month from now.

It was really shocking for her.

She tried to ask for detail on how he did it, pero saka na lang daw niya sasabihin saka nito ipinilit sa kanya na maging Queen daw niya.

Napailing na lang si Emy. Minsan talaga, hindi niya maintindihan ang pag-iisip ng binata. Their relationship is very clear. They are nothing more but allies.

But he kept on teasing her. Kung hindi niya lang alam ang pagiging maloko ng binata, she could have believed it already.

Luckily, she's a smart girl and can't be swayed easily.

But that's why Sebastian was very unfortunate.

***