29: Challenge

The next day...

"As post-celebration of the new Crown Prince's proclamation, the royal palace will permit the Grey Academy to hold the Hunting Competition.

"The students participants will be free to challenge anyone they want among their classmates and schoolmates. They will face-off inside the Arena that will be built here anytime from now.

"Obstacles will be set up and animals to hunt will be provided. The winner will be identified by the amount of game the participants will be able to kill.

"Further rules will be announced after we decided them all."

It was the announcement made by the School Board President when he met everyone sa multi-purpose hall.

Of course, everyone became excited. This kind of Hunting Competition is not always held all the time. Kapag may mahahalaga lang na okasyon gaya nga ng Crown Prince Proclamation.

Kaya naman lahat ay tungkol lang doon ang pinag-uusapan hanggang sa makarating na sila sa mga classroom nila.

"I am fortunate." Misa said loudly as she entered the room and heard her classmates talking. Agad na napatingin sa kanya ang lahat. Even Emy and Sebastian na nakaupo sa likuran. "Kakatransfer ko lang dito sa Grey Academy but I will be experiencing this Hunting Competition."

"Misa, are you planning to join?" Tanong ng isa sa mga kaklase nila.

"I am."

"May naiisip ka na ba kung sinong ichchallenge mo?"

"Of course." Then her lips hooked up as her gaze landed on Emy. "I only have one person in mind basta sa mga competition na yan."

Everyone became uncomfortable ng marealize nila kung sino ang gustong hamunin ng dalaga.

"You see, Emy and I are competitors mula pa noong mga bata pa kami sa Royal City. We had competed for a lot of times. Whether it is academic competition or extra curricular."

Misa smiled shippishly as if it was just really nothing for her.

"Madalas akong matalo ni Emy kaya naman hindi ko mapapalagpas ang mga pagkakataon na pwede akong makapagcompete sa kanya. After all, it might be my chance to get one win to her again, right?"

Her classmates smiled at her. Although hindi pa rin sila komportable dahil fiancee ng Crown Prince ang hahamunin ng dalaga, but Misa doesn't seem to have any ill intention other than to compete with Emy fairly.

Only Emy could see beneath her facade.

She just smirked.

Well, inaasahan na niyang hindi basta mananahimik ang dalaga after na mapigilan ng Supreme ang lahat ng attempt ng Black Council to attack her. She is quite sure. May pinaplano itong si Misa.

"But of course, I still need to make sure na magpparticipate si Emy." Misa then smiled at her. "What do you think, Emy? How about competing with me in this Hunting Competition?"

"Sure." Emy said that easily with full of confidence.

Lihim na nangunot ang noo ni Misa. That confidence, was she just faking it? Either way, it's not like matatakasan pa siya nito. She had already agreed and so she would make sure to use that opportunity well.

Pagsisisihan ni Emy na umoo siya.

***

"Emy!" It was Lucy who called her. As usual, kasama na naman niya si Alessandra.

Napailing na lang si Emy and waited for them na makalapit.

"Is it true?"

"Ang alin?"

"You will face-off with that Misa in Hunting Competition?"

Tumango lang si Emy.

"Bakit? Paano?"

"Hinamon niya ako sa harap ng klase namin."

"And you just accepted it? Anong akala mo? Superhuman ka?"

"Of course, I accepted it. I am not gonna let her have fun all by herself. I'll join her in her game if I have to."

Napahinga na lang si Alessandra. It is useless to contradict Emy. She's making her decision all by herself.

"I won't try to change your mind, Emy. As long as you have a plan, I'll be comfortable."

"I have. Don't worry." Then as if she realized something, hinarap niya yung dalawa.

"Pano niyo nga pala nalaman yon? It just happened kaninang umaga."

Lucy rolled her eyes.

"Duh! Everyone is talking about it around the campus. 'Latest News: Fiancee of the Crown Prince was challenged by an ordinary student.'

"Kalat na kalat na kaya yan. Kulang na nga lang ay gawan nila yan ng article eh."

Napailing na lang si Emy.

She doesn't think she can get used with this kind of popularity.

***