75: Cold War

That night, Emy waited for Sebastian to tell her about it.

But he just tiredly went on bed and hugged her. He slept soundly beside her habang siya ay hindi magawang makatulog.

Naiintindihan niya na baka hindi pa masabi ng lalaki sa kanya. But she was hoping na hindi nito patagalin iyon.

Her thoughts, however, are not letting her sleep.

She felt so selfish.

She told him before na kung magdadala siya ng bagong asawa, okay lang yun sa kanya as long as he will inform her.

But now, she doubted it.

She had a feeling na hindi lang ito dahil si Misa ang papakasalan ni Sebastian. If it is other woman, she probably won't like it too.

And because of that, she felt selfish.

Days after that pero hindi pa rin sinasabi ng lalaki sa kanya ang nangyari. But he was obviously bothered by it.

There are times na nakikita niya itong nakatitig sa kanya at agad na mag-iiwas kapag titingin siya.

But still, Emy wished he would just simply say it.

She also considered telling it to him. Na sabihin dito na alam na niya. And asked him his plans.

But she can't.

Her heart ached everytime.

Hanggang isang araw...

Papunta si Emy sa Royal Palace dahil ipinatawag siya ng Emperor.

Of course, she knew what it is all about.

Hindi na marahil makatiis ang mga ito at sila na ang magsasabi sa kanya.

She is seriously feeling down lately and this wouldn't make her feel any better.

When she arrived there, the Empress, Emperor, Prime Minister Serafina and Xeno were there.

The Empresses looked trouble while looking at Emy. To any woman who will have her husband marry off to another woman, surely, this is painful.

Emy made her expression impassive. Then approached the middle of the room.

"Your highness..." She greeted.

"Rise." The Emperor said.

Emy waited. But even the Emperor was suddenly conflicted.

Xeno suddenly stood up and walked towards Emy.

"The Emperor seems to be having a hard time telling you. Just like Sebastian.

"Since that is the case, ako na lang ang magsasabi."

Then he smiled. Emy just looked at him. She felt nothing except pain and anger.

"But... you seem to already have an idea about it."

He said that made everyone looked at her.

Sakto namang dumating si Sebastian. He angrily walked in the room and stood beside Emy.

"I told you. I told all of you. I will tell her myself. You don't have to summon her here." He hissed at them. Saka niya hinigit si Emy.

Papalabas na sana sila sa Throne Room when Xeno suddenly spoke again.

"What are you being worked up with, Sebastian? Emy seems to already know about it. In fact, mukhang matagal na niyang alam."

Emy didn't stop herself anymore. She looked at Xeno with pure hatred. All of those who saw that felt coldness in their hearts.

"I-is it true?" Sebastian asked her.

Emy removed his hand on hers and then nodded. "I'll be going first. Mukhang may pag-uusapan pa kayo."

Emy left them there.

Sebastian was about to follow her pero hinigit na siya ni Xeno pabalik sa Throne Room and talked about the marriage.

***

Sebastian tried to talk to Emy but she was too hurt.

She was giving him a cold treatment. She's not aware of it, but it was the same treatment she used to give towards her father.

Actually, hindi lang sa kanya siya nagbago. Serafina and the Royal Family became stranger to her. Hindi na niya kayang idahilan na wala silang alam. Na hindi nila alam kung gaano kasama si Xeno.

Because they know they are hurting her so much now. And they still continued to give her heartache everyday.

In fact, she soon received a weddong invitation. At si Serafina mismo ang nag-abot sa kanya noon.

She even tried to say few words to her. Like, Sebastian is a Crown Prince and it is just normal for him to have more wives. That she should not be selfish.

When Serafina left, she wasn't able to stop her tears. She cried her heart out. Siya pa ba ang selfish ngayon?

Sinunog niya ang invitation at doon ibinunton ang galit niya.

Damn the double standard of these people.

One moment they are praising you and second, they are telling you are selfish.

Inabutan siyang ganun ni Sebastian.

Of course, he was worried about her.

But she just gave him a cold glare at saka siya nagkulong sa banyo. She doesn't want to see him.

***

"I heard you spend the whole day with Haow." Sebastian asked her one day. He was pissed. Well, kung meron mang tao na pinagseselosan niya ng lubos, that is Haow. Hindi rin niya alam kung bakit.

"I spent my day outside, yes. Pero napakagaling naman niyang source mo at si Haow lang talaga ang pininpoint niya na kasama ko."

She's past beyond cold war with him. She still feels hurt. But she can already manage her emotions.

Natahimik si Sebastian dahil doon.

"I thought you are busy. With your wedding preparation and work. Sebastian, I understand you have a lot to do lately, you know. So don't worry about me. I won't be making any scandals or troubles for you."

She told him saka pumasok na sa kwarto nila.

Naiwan naman sa labas sila Sebastian at Serafina.

Pain was on Sebastian's face habang si Serafina naman ay napahinga na lang ng malalim.

Truly, Emy is being hard to handle lately.

***