42: Diadem

After na makatakas ni Misa, hindi na nila nakita ang dalaga.

Weeks after that, ibinalita sa kanya ni Calix na nakabalik na ang dalaga sa Royal City.

Things in Emy's old city was pretty silent. Kahit ang pinakamagagaling na spy ng Purple Boutique ay walang makuha kahit ano.

But she was sure there are more things happening behind their silence. Emy had worked with Xeno before. She knew how her old master was working. The more secretive it is, the more an enemy should be scared.

Either way, hindi siya makakampante. She will continue preparing and monitoring the Royal City. Surely, they will make their move one of these days. And if that happens, she needs to make sure that everything is in place.

For the past few months, binasa niya ang journals na nakuha kay Misa noon. It was the accounts of all her experiences here in Grey. That includes everything she had done.

As for the maps they had seen, it was the same as the one they had in Black Council. There's also one for the whole Grey City.

"I don't understand kung paanong nakakuha ng mapa ng Grey Academy si Misa. It was confidential to us. And I have kept the council's map during my regime." Diana blurted out one day when they were checking out the maps.

"Exactly. Though, her copy looks very new drawn for me. Look at the quality of paper." Lucy said.

"That's indeed new compared to the one in the council, meaning someone drawn this just for the purpose of Misa's going here in Grey. It was not an accident that she stumbled with the Black Council. She is really meant to use it."

"Do you have an idea about her purpose?" Alessandra asked.

"I have guesses, more or less. But none of it can be confirmed yet."

Then her eyes landed on the Grey City's map.

If one of her guesses is correct then she had find a way to change some of the Grey's structure.

***

Mabilis na lumipas ang mga araw at buwan.

Both Emy and Sebastian had been busy.

Emy was preparing for the unknown.

And Sebastian was busy for helping out with his father's war.

These past few months, there had been constant attack in Grey City and its sub-cities.

Hindi rin maintindihan ng Emperor kung bakit parang biglang naging matatapang ang mga kalaban nila ay panay sugod sila sa kanila.

Grey City, however, remained standing.

For this part, the spies of Grey City had to be praised.

The moment they got wind that the Royal City was talking with this certain city, they made sure to report it to Calix na inirereport naman kanila Sebastian at Emy.

At first, she was still unsure about what is happening. Pero nang maulit pa iyon ng ilang beses na yung kinausap na city ng Royal City ay sumugod sa Grey, Emy then confirmed her theory.

Royal City is just bidding their time. They are using small cities, specifically those enemies of Grey City, to shake it out of its wits.

This is exactly how Xeno moves. She knew it.

It doesn't matter how much wars the Grey City will win. The extreme the war they win, the better for it is for Xeno.

Sooner or later, darating din sa point in which the Grey City will get tired of defending. Lack of resources, wounded people and low ammunitions. At kapag dumating na sa point na iyon, saka aatake ang Royal City.