41: Pairs

Emy's mood drastically changed in the next days. Bumalik na ito sa pagiging makulit at palangiti kaya naman napayapa na ang loob ni Feng.

Kunot noo namang pinagmamasdan ni Franco ang pinsan. Naguguluhan na talaga siya dito. Oo, hindi pa rin naman siya nito pinapansin pero hindi na siya nito iniirapan kapag nagkakatinginan sila.

Si Anika naman ay nacurious kaya tinanong niya na si Red.

"Red, nakabalik na ba ang Fifth Prince?" Tanong niya sa binata.

"Oo. Noong isang araw pa."

Napangiti si Anika. Well, she's maybe just thinking things pero lately, nauubos na ulit ng Miss niya ang cookies na iniiwanan sa kanya ni Lia.

***

"Did you like my gift to you?"

"Gift?" Nagtatakang tanong ni Emy kay Sebastian. They are playing chess again and talking about things that had happened sa Grey City.

"Yes. Didn't you hear about what had happened to Cherry and Kelly?"

"I was contained for many days in here so maybe that's why."

"Or probably, it was the news which was contained." Sebastian put a finger on his chin while thinking. "My timing was probably off. The Prince' Birthday must have been used to cover that."

"Do tell me what you've done to them. After I got back here, I reached out to Calix for those girls but he just told me to wait. Hanggang sa nawala na sa isipan ko iyon dahil sa dami ng nangyari."

Napatango si Sebastian. Unconsciously, inabot niya ang buhok ni Emy and played with it.

"I had my people skinned them alive and when they were dead, I asked them to left them hanging in front of Diana's house."

For a moment, nanlaki ang mga mata ni Emy. But slowly, as she imagined what could have been Diana's expression after knowing them, she smiled.

Sebastian laughed. "You're wicked, my vixen."

Inirapan niya ang binata. "Ako pa ang wicked? Am I the one who flayed the skin off those ladies?"

"Nope. But you actually enjoyed the thought."

"Not that, you know. I can just imagine how Diana reacted to that. She might be tough but things like that were always done by others for her. So malamang hindi niya kinaya ang nakita niyang iyon."

"And what about you?"

Emy tilted her head. Inilipat ni Sebastian ang kamay niya pisngi nito.

"I... I have seen death once. I also witnessed my loved ones to be killed in front of me. And I have killed people using my very own hands. So I can't be compared to her at all."

Natigilan naman si Sebastian sa sinabi ng dalaga.

Have seen death once? What does she mean by that? And when did it happen that she witnessed her loved ones to be killed?

Emy saw the curiousity in his eyes. Magtatanong na nga sana ito eh. But she stood and deflected him.

"Anyway, my plan will be happening tomorrow night. It will be a favor for Diana for now but I wonder how it will affect the future."

***

Prince Vio received an invitation from Diana's family three days ago. The lady will turn 21 today kaya naman naghanda ang pamilya niya ng bonggang party para sa kanya.

She's months older than him but it was never an issue in their relationship. Actually, there was no issue in their relationship at all dahil somehow, pareho sila ni Diana ng goal. To stand at the top and own the Grey City.