Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

By the time Nandos' take-out arrived it was a little past six thirty and mum still wasn't home. I put her order in the fridge and sat at the kitchen table and dug into my peri-peri chicken. Man, if only I could drown my problems in Nandos sauce everything would be alright.

"Not now Biscuit." I muttered to the dog that was nibbling at my leg. He let out a small whimper but trotted away towards the living room. 

I rolled my eyes and finished the order of chips I had left before cleaning up my trash and walking in the direction Biscuit went in. I found him lounging on the L shaped sofa in our living room staring at the  white walls. I took a seat next to him and picked up my phone that he was laying next too. Two new messages. 

'I might be later than I expected Victoria sorry - Mum x' 

I texted a 'Okay' back to my mum and checked the other message which was from when I was talking to Louis earlier, so the time I recieved his text was about twenty minutes ago. 

'I wasn't?' 

I shook my head at his text and deleted it, not bothering to respond. I looked over at Biscuit who had his head angled towards me, and he was blinking repeatedly as if he was waiting for me to say something. 

"Your stupid, you know that right?" 

9:34pm was what the clock on the living room wall above the fireplace read. I groaned and laid my head back down on the pillow on the sofa. It was so quiet in the house without my mum and Biscuit had fallen asleep a few minutes ago due to the power being out. 

The stupid storm outside had knocked the power out, so here I was - sitting in my living room in the pitch black of the night. The only light I was getting was from the occasional cracks of lightning that were bright enough to light up a football stadium.

A knock on the front door echoed through the empty house.

Okay, cue the ax murder that's behind that door, I thought to myself as I walked over to the front door slowly. Jeez, I watch too many horror movies. Remind me not to watch one for a while.

I twisted the lock on the doorknob and then opened the door to reveal a soaking wet -

"Louis?" I asked, quite stuned actually.

What was Louis doing at my doorstep at night, soaking wet with rain water?

He gave me a slightly tattered smirk before he shivered. I groaned, great do I let Louis inside or do I let him stay out there? Well, when it doubt leave the enemy out. 

I was so close to the door shutting, but not before Louis' converse covered foot was placed inbetween the unclosed space. I groaned out-loud which earned a small chuckle from him, so I re-opened the front door and shot him a glare.

"What?"

He didn't answer, just pushed himself past me and into my house. I gaped at him for a few minutes  before I couldn't see him anymore because of the power being out. I shut the front door and twisted the lock and walked over what I think was the living room.

"So, nice wheather we're having, huh?" Louis' voice sounded out in the darkness. He sounded close. 

I reached out my arms, trying to find him. I hit something which earned an 'ow' from the object - or person. 

"What was that for?" Louis' voice sounded muffled, probably because he was holding whatever I hit with his hand.

"Trying to find you." I responded casually with a shrug and took a seat on the sofa I was near.