Chapter Twenty-Two

MUST READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!

100,000+ READS ANNDD 500+ FANS? OHMYGOSH GUYS I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. DON'T EVER FORGET THAT. *points at you* Yes, you.

Chapter Twenty-Two

"Tomorrow as you all know will be when you start to present your projects," Mr. Reed, my English teacher informed us. A series of groans and moans were the response he got. He clapped his hands together and started to talk about a hyperbole.

"So, what are we going to do about Lauren?" Ava whispered to me, her eyes focused on Mr. Reed's back so she knew when to stop talking if he turned around.

I shrugged, "He said we could work on it by ourselves so I really don't know if she'll be included in the presentation."

After that, Ava and I tried to focus on the lesson. Lauren who sat a few rows in front of us kept flipping her now brown hair - which was her natural color, and not the blonde she had before - over her shoulder and sighing every now and then.

"Louis, Ava, and Victoria please stand." Mr. Reed asked us, looking down at a piece of paper before looking up at us with a big smile on his face.

Ava and I slowly stood up, and Louis stood up from his seat at the front of the room next to one of his 'followers' named Henry. I looked at Ava questioningly and I got a shrug as an answer. We turned our attention back to Mr. Reed.

"Your group will be presenting first tomorrow," Mr. Reed told us, and my heart sunk, "But will need to see me at lunch tomorrow so we can set up your presentation."

All three of us nodded before he told us we could be seated, which we did eagerly. The rest of the lesson went by fast and once the bell rang, I hastily shoved my notebook and pen into my backpack and dashed out of the door to my next lesson of the day - praying that the day would end so I could go home.

Tonight, mum was inviting Chet, his son and daughter - who were from a previous marriage - over for dinner and she expected me to be home before four so that I could help her set up for their arrival. I really didn't like Chet as much as I thought I would, but I guess if my mum is happy then I should be happy for her. But, the thing is I really wasn't as happy for her as I should have been.

Was that .. I don't know, wrong?

                                                                           ~*~

Victoria's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=60981839

"Victoria! I said the napkin was to be folded over like a triangle and then be put under the knife and fork!" My mum scolded me once I had come down from my bedroom from getting dressed. After I finished setting the table and cutting up greens, my mum sent me upstairs to go prepare for dinner - she also told me to wear a dress, which no one will ever see me wear again.

I had put on one of the dresses my mum bought me that I actually liked. It was a white strapless dress with some embroidered gems along the chest, and upper breast area and it flowed down to a little bit above my knees. I paired it with a creme colored cardigan, and a pair of black high heels. I added a little pink lipstick and put on some eyeliner and gray sparkle eyeshadow and I was ready to go.

I sighed, "I'm sorry mum."

She nodded and smoothed down the front of her designer Tiffany dress. It was a short sleeved dress that was turquoise blue from the chest up, then the rest of the dress was black with a slender belt across the mid torso section. She fixed her pearl necklace just in time for the doorbell to ring, the chiming echoed throughout our mansion of a house. Mum's face panicked for a a split second before she half walked, and half jogged in her stiletto high heels towards the door.