Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

'I love you'

Those words were staring me down on the screen. I looked up to see my mum giving me a disapproving look and she excused herself for a minute and came storming towards where I was sitting. Chet busied himself by picking at the piece of chocolate cake in front of him - something tells me he didn't like chocolate that much.

She plucked the phone from my hands and stuffed it in the cleavage of her dress. I gagged at the thought of touching that phone again after she stuck it in there. I rolled my eyes and continued to eat my piece of almost gone chocolate cake while my mum settled into a conversation with Chet.

About an hour later, Chet checked his watch and told us that he had to get going home. Mum nodded reluctantly and walked him to the door - where I'm assuming they had that gross old people make out session because my mum walked back into the kitchen with a certain sparkle in her eyes. That, and she was completely delusional.

"Victoria," She said softly, staring off into space while leaning up against the threshold frame, "I think its time for you to go to bed."

I looked up at the wall clock hanging from the wall just above the kitchen table, "Mum it's only 7:03."

She waved her hand dismissively, "Just go up to bed Victoria."

I nodded and pushed myself up from my seat on the wooden stool and trudged up the spiral staircase and to my room. I slammed the door shut and grabbed my laptop from it's place on my bedside table before jumping onto my bed and laying on my stomach, my laptop in front of me.

I typed in the website address that I thought I would never ever type in again. The AIM homescreen welcomed me and I proceeded to log in. Once I logged in, I looked at my list of online people to see that Rose and ... Louis were online. I clicked on Rose's name trying to distract myself from 

Louis' user name.

JustaDancerx: Hey :)

Rosebud14: GURL HEY! :)

JustaDancerx: Sorry I haven't texted you for a while. My life's pretty hectic right now.

Rosebud14: Its okay babe, ik what u mean!

JustaDancerx: So I have things to tell you ...

Rosebud14: omg bitch spill those stories!! :D

JustaDancerx: Well first off - Louis and I are together and well he said he loved me a little while ago via text but my mum took my phone away.

Rosebud14:AKSNDICMEKSNND TORI OMFG YOU NEED TO SAY IT BACK! Like right now gurl ;)

JustaDancerx: I guess your right. I'll text you as soon as I get my phone back. Love you girly (:

Rosebud14: Right back @ u Tori x

I signed off of AIM and ran to my closet, ripping my gray trench coat off its hanger and jogged down the stairs.

"Mum," I spoke hastily to her, "I need my phone and I need to borrow the car keys."

She turned her head to look at me from her seat at the kitchen table. Sighing she pulled her phone out of the cleavage of her dress and handed it to me.

"I thought I told you to go bed."

"You did - but I need to do this. I'll be back in half an hour tops," I promised and tore the car keys off of its metal holder and sprinted out the door and to the car parked in the driveway.