Chapter Twenty-Four

THIS IS NOW ENTERED IN THE WATTY AWARDS UNDER 'FAN FICTION'. PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE THIS STORY WITH EVERYONE YOU KNOW IF YOU WANT THIS STORY TO BECOME AT LEAST KIND OF KNOWN IN THE WATTY AWARDS! :D x

Recap of Chapter Twenty-Three:

Louis nodded at Gregg again, and I took my place next to a smiling Ava who was clutching onto her paper. The beginning of the song started up, and Louis took a breath, ready to start singing the first line of our newly composed song, but the door to Mr. Reed's classroom burst open, revealing a very distraught looking Forrest who was panting.

"Mr. Reed," Forrest said inbetween pants, our music playing in the background.

"What is it Forrest?" Mr. Reed asked, looking around the classroom as if the answer lied on one of the students faces.

"There's a shooting outside of the school, and the headmaster wants us to go into lockdown." Forrest panted out, before being rushed into the classroom by Mr. Reed. He shut the door and locked it behind Forrest, and then fast-walked quickly over the blinds and shut them too.

"Gregg," He said a little impatiently, "Please - cut the track."

Gregg complied and shut off the CD player before we all got rushed into the other end of the of the room where there were no windows or doors. Forrest stayed standing while we were all croutched down on the floor, huddled against one another.

"Forrest please sit down." Mr. Reed demanded.

Forrest shook his head and reached into the pocket of his hoodie revealing a freshly polished gun and he smirked, holding it up and examining it, "Nah Mr. Reed - I don't think so."

Chapter Twenty-Four

My bottom lip started to quiver as I watched Forrest eye his gun like it was his meal. Louis' are snaked around my waist, pulling me closer to him as we croutched down in the back of the classroom behind several students. I could see Mr. Reed speaking to Forrest who was clearly uninterested in what Mr. Reed had to say and was looking at his gun lovingly.

"Silence," Forrest demanded, pointing to the gun at Mr. Reed who immediatly shut up, "Now - as you all know now that there is no real shooting at this school - well, unless I don't get what I want."

"What is it that you want exactly?" Some kid behind Ava said quietly, and Forrest smirked at him.

"Good question Justin - I want Victoria."

I felt Louis arm tense around my waist, pulling me closer to him which I thought was impossible. I could feel tears start to rise to brim of my eyes because I never thought I would ever be in a situation like this - let alone a situation like this that was about me.

"Victoria," Mr. Reed's voice spoke out, and I looked up to see his face. His eyes were casting an intense gaze on me, and I squirmed a bit to get out of Louis arms before standing up. I looked and Forrest who was giving me a knowing look, before he stepped foward and grabbed my arm roughly before pulling me to his side, pointing his gun at my classmates, teacher and most importantly - my boyfriend. Forrest started to lead me out of the room, him walking backwards with the gun pointed at them. Once we apporached the door, he turned his back for one moment to open the door but was soon tackled down my someone - Forrest's grip on me was nonexistent after he fell to the floor his head making a deafening cracking sound.

"Mother fucker," He cursed, and hissed out in pain as he tried to get up.

I looked up at Ava who was standing up next to Forrest, looking down at him and Louis who was standing next to Ava kicking him in the gut and shouting profanities at him that I haven't ever heard in my lifetime. Huh, I think I should take some notes on those. Ava quickly unlocked the door that was behind her back and ran out into the hallway shouting for help. The gun -- which Forrest had been holding -- slid out of his hand and was now next to Mr. Reed's desk, a few good feet away from us.