Family Moments

Caroline walked into her kitchen and found her mom standing next to the sink, with her back to her daughter.

"Morning, mom" She replied cheerfully.

Liz turned around and smiled at her glowing daughter. "You are in a good mood this morning."

Caroline nodded with a smile as she reached into the fridge and grabbed a blood bag. Liz watched as her daughter fed. She still couldn't get used to the sight, but her daughter was the same cheerful girl as before, and even better. Since she had become a vampire, Caroline had become a better daughter and person. Liz smiled. She was raised to hate and kill vampires, now her daughter was one, and their relationship was stronger than ever.

"Would the reason have anything to do with the visitor in your room last night?" Liz asked, with a gleam in her eye, as she brought a cup of coffee up to her lips.

Caroline stopped drinking and stared at her mom. "How?" She asked, fear creeping in her eyes.

Liz set down her cup of coffee. "I woke up around four this morning and I heard voices coming from your room. I went to the door and I heard his voice."

"Why didn't you come in?"

Liz shrugged. "I heard you two laughing, and I didn't want to intrude."

"Mom" Caroline replied, with a drawn voice.

"What?"

Caroline stepped towards her mom. She wondered why she didn't hear her mom or better yet smell her. She wrapped her arms around her mother and sighed.

"I love you, mom."

Liz was stunned, but quickly recovered and wrapped her arms around her daughter.

"I love you too, Caroline."

Caroline pulled back to look at her mom. "Are you okay with Klaus?" She asked."

Liz sighed and looked down. "It will take some getting used to, but I'm getting there." She replied looking back up at her daughter.

Caroline smiled.

"Don't you have school, young lady?" Liz asked, in her scolding voice.

Caroline rolled her eyes. "Yes, mom, I'm going."

Caroline turned to go, but stopped and gave her mom another hug and a kiss on her check.

Liz hugged her back and watched as her daughter skipped as she left.

Liz picked up her phone and dialed the station.

"Mystic Falls sheriff's department, Lindsey speaking."

"Lindsey, this is Sheriff Forbes. Could you give me the number of the Mikaelson's?"

"Right away, Sheriff."

Liz picked a piece of paper and pen and took down the number. She looked up to see her daughter head for the door.

"Have a good day, Caroline." She called to her daughter.

"You too, mom, love you." Caroline returned as she walked out the door.

Liz sighed and smiled. Our relationship has gotten better

She picked up her phone again and dialed the number she had been given. There were three rings before a voice came on the other end.

"Mikaelson residence" It was a masculine gentle voice, Elijah.

"Yes, this is Sheriff Forbes. I was wondering if I could speak with Klaus Mikaelson, please."

"Of course, I'll get him."