Attempted Rescue

Caroline leaned on Klaus and sighed.

"Caroline, Caroline" Bonnie hollered out the door.

Caroline sat up, and huffed. "I'm right here, Bonnie." She called back.

Bonnie rushed out the door, and into the garden. "I need you to come with me, now, sorry, Klaus." She replied, quickly to Klaus.

Caroline glanced at Klaus as Bonnie grabbed her hands and pulled her with great strength through the garden and into the house. She continued to pull Caroline through the house until they got to Bonnie and Kol's room.

Bonnie paused and locked the door, though she knew it wouldn't do any good. They lived in a house filled with vampires.

"Bonnie, what's wrong?" Caroline asked, folding her arms across her chest.

Bonnie turned around and pointed to the far wall. Caroline turned around and gasped. Matt was standing there with a smiled on his face.

"Matt," Caroline whispered.

"Hey, Care"

Caroline turned to look at Bonnie, who was smiling.

"How is this possible?" She asked.

Matt walked towards them, and smiled again. "I'm here because I need to be."

"What are you talking about, Matt?" Caroline asked.

"I need to tell you two about what is to come."

"Again, what are you talking about?" Caroline asked.

Matt sighed. "When I...died, I became what Lily calls a protector. I'm not entirely sure what it means, all I know is that I am meant to protect this family."

Bonnie and Caroline looked at him carefully.

Matt sighed, and stepped closer. "Esther has Damon."

"What" Both girls shouted, but then clasped their hands over their mouths.

"Esther's using Damon as bait, and he's not going to last much longer."

"How could this happen?" Caroline asked, looking at Bonnie.

"We just forgot about Damon, didn't we?"

Caroline nodded, sadly.

Damon had his bad qualities, but he had been a friend in some moments. No matter what he had done to her in the past, Caroline knew he did care about her. He just had a hard time showing it.

"You don't have much time." Matt stated.

"How much time do we have?" Bonnie asked, holding Caroline's hand tightly.

"You only have today. I would suggest you two leave tonight. Esther is waiting on both of you, so be careful."

"Why tonight?" Bonnie asked.

"I think you know that already, Bonnie."

Bonnie eyed him curiously, and then looked at the calendar. Her mouth gaped open as she realized the date.

"No, it couldn't be."

Matt nodded with a smile. "Yes, it has been a year since you came back in time. Time flies."

Bonnie smiled.

"How do we save Damon?" Caroline asked Matt.

Matt shook his head. "I can't tell you. All I can tell you is that you have to rescue him soon, or he will die, Esther on the verge of destroying him, and completing her plan. That is why the date is important. It has to be tonight or everything you have done will be reversed."