Chapter 7: The Tea

-Jennie-
Laying in bed is one of the most comfortable experiences as a K-pop idol. You get a break from the full schedule and strict diets. In bed, you can sleep and dream all those worries away. Just have some time to relax which was what I was doing. My head was pressed against a pillow as my blanket reached up to my chest. I scrolled through Twitter on my phone as I massaged my hair with my hand. Lately, YG has sorta been keeping me under the shade after the whole dating thing was discovered. If it wasn't for DISPATCH, I would still have a loving secret relationship with Kai. But, you know, privacy doesn't exist when they're around. I sighed as I kept thinking about what Lisa spoke about as I accidentally overheard her speaking. She was talking with Irene from Red Velvet about someone. She kept saying how the scandal really changed things up around the industry. I was surprised at the statement considering Lisa isn't the type to worry much about these kinds of things. But, this nagging question wouldn't leave. Did I really make the right choice of dating Kai even if it's against the rules? Are rules around the industry becoming stricter because of me? I put my phone aside as I sighed, all this drama lately has been causing me to stress. 2019 just began yet, my relationship became some sort of scandal. I kept remembering what our manager told me about my relationship. He was really pissed and reminded me of the rules saying what I did put BLACKPINK's, Kai's, and my future in danger. I really didn't pay attention. I don't see what's wrong with dating another idol. Why can't we date? Is it because it'll distract us from our careers? Of course not, in fact, my relationship made me strive harder to become a better idol because of all the love and support he offered.

My phone suddenly buzzed. I ignored it until it buzzed a second time then, a third time. I grabbed my phone and noticed they were all text messages from Lisa. I heard knocking on my door and looked at my clock. "The girls should be asleep by 10 so, why is Lisa up?" I mumbled under my breath as I turned to look at the door. I clicked on the notification to read the messages.

"We got a problem. A dating one. I'm coming over so, open the door." I read them and I gulped a bit. I got up from my spot and headed toward the door. "Lisa, is that you?" I asked, just to be safe. "Yes, Jennie Unnie. Open the door." I could hear her soft reply as to not wake up the other girls. I unlocked the door and slowly opened it to reveal a panicked Lisa with her phone in her hand. As she barged into my room, she shut the door behind her, loudly and roughly. I could tell something was on her mind.

"Lisa, what happened?" I asked as she paced around my room. I took her hand and we both sat down on my bed. "I know I should be asleep by now but, I just didn't feel tired. I looked through Twitter but, something caught my eye." She explained as she unlocked her phone. She carefully sent a stare at me as she tried to look for something. "You don't keep up with DISPATCH or any 'up-to-date drama' accounts right?" She questioned and I shook my head. "No, I think they waste my time plus some of the stuff they point out is useless." I replied.

"Jennie, you know how your dating scandal kinda kicked off the year right?" Lisa asked as she passed me her phone. "Well, it looks like two idols stole the spotlight." She added and I looked down at the post. I silently gasped as my eyes widen at what I saw. "Is that Taehyung and Yoongi...kissing?" I questioned, my eyes not leaving the screen. "Apparently, a fan caught them and snapped a photo to send to DISPATCH. But, I can see it is them, it's the same height, structure, hair, and everything else. It looks like them!" Lisa explained.

"But, wait, didn't BTS set a new rule about dating?" I asked, getting concerned. "Yeah, I asked Taehyung and he told me all about it. He said if he were to date another female idol and they found out, they would not be close to one another until they can prove to the public they aren't." Lisa explained and I rolled my eyes. Typical. "But, if he were to date a BTS member then, they would hire two people to fake date them." Lisa added as she stared at her phone screen.

"But, isn't that just gonna add more fuel to the fire?" I asked, looking back at the post as well. "I don't know but, I know one thing for sure." Lisa replied, looking at me. I looked at her with a worried look and she had the same expression.

"Taehyung and Yoongi aren't gonna be together for long." She spoke and we both returned our eyes to the screen.