Chapter 22: Reactions to Step On

Seokjin's Pov:
"Welcome back, you four! I'm sure you did an excellent job out there!" The manager for them exclaimed as they walked through the doors. "Yes, absolutely! Everything was perfect!" Yeri responded, sending a slight glare toward Yoongi. "Yeah, we were the perfect amount of lovey-dovey!" Taehyung added, a bit of sarcasm noticeable in his tone. "Eh? Well, okay then. Uh, take the day off while we check the news sources." The manager responded, confused at the reactions. The manager soon walked away as she scratched her head trying to figure out what was that. "Pst! Over here!" I exclaim as I motioned my hand to my corner. They all looked both ways as to not catch any suspicious attention and rushed their way over to me. "Oh, Jin Hyung! It worked!" Taehyung exclaimed as I lead them toward my room. "How can you tell if we just started?" I asked, smirking a bit. "Well, the acting went great for me and Lisa. A lot of camera people looked confused yet continued to roll. I think this plan might actually work." Taehyung explained as Lisa nodded her head. "Yeri? Yoongi?" I questioned for responses. "Same, actually. Those camera people fell for it, good." Yoongi replied, giving a quick high five to Yeri. "That's great news. Although it can't guarantee us much now, I'm sure something will help you both come out." I reassured as everyone sat down on the floor of my room. "Well, what's the next step?" Yoongi asked in a small tone of voice. "I say, we take it up a notch!" I spoke, I could feel a mischievous expression creep on my face. "What do you mean by that?" Taehyung asked, curious. I walked over to my desk and took out a piece of paper and marker.

"Let's make a plan and list the steps here!" I explained, putting the paper in front of me as I sat down. "Alright, well, we got step one complete. Argue about something small." Lisa spoke and I wrote it down then, crossed it out. "What could be the next step?" Yeri questioned, thinking of possible situations or scenarios. We all stopped and thought in silence until a knock was heard from my door. "Wonder who that could be..." I mumbled under my breath as I got up. I walked toward the door and I hesitantly opened it revealing the manager for them.

"Uh, can I help you?" I asked, noticing the look on her face. It didn't seem happy in fact, the opposite of that but, times ten. "I must speak with Yeri, Suga, V, and Lisa!" She replied, trying to keep her cool. Though, I could tell her anger was clear as day in her tone of voice. I can't risk the plan though so, what can I do? An idea popped in my head and I sweated slightly as I sighed. "Sorry, you must be mistaken. I don't have them with me." I replied, starting to close the door.

"Don't lie, Mr.Kim, a guard told me they were here. Please, I must speak with them." She replied, using her hand to force the door open. I looked back at the other four and they all let out a huge sigh as they nodded. "Of course, I'm sorry. I was just a little worried." I apologized as the others stood up. I noticed Yoongi and Taehyung hold hands for a second as they helped one another calm down. "It's alright. Come on, you four! I must speak to you all about today!" The manager exclaimed and they all walked toward the door.

I eyed Taehyung's and Yoongi's hands as they separated from one another at the last minute. I looked up to see them no longer there as they had to leave quickly to talk. "I should follow them, I need to see what they are doing. Maybe, this could help them." I mumbled as I noticed the paper and marker from the corner of my eye. I quickly grabbed them and closed my door behind me as I tried to find out where they went. I looked both ways to see if there were would be any guards to stop me.

Once I could confirm that there was no one here, I speed-walked to where I suspected they could be. I went up to the second floor as I held the paper close to me. I'm doing all of this for those four, I and everyone else don't want them to suffer. For them to continue to force themselves to do something, they clearly don't wanna do. It was visible all along but, we didn't say anything. The regret I have now because of that is my fuel to use to help them. I see them from around the corner and I hide quickly.

"I'm very disappointed with what I found. Normally, I wouldn't be this harsh but, clearly, you all lied to me and did this!" The manager exclaimed, showing them her phone. My eyes widen and I quickly took out my phone to see what she could have possibly seen to act this way. Once I checked my news source, it was bombarded with news about Yeri's and Yoongi's date ending with argument. With Lisa's and Taehyung's selfish or concerning argument at the amusement park. I could tell they went the extra mile to do this.

"I must remind you that we all have to be lovey-dovey. No breaks! Remember that, please!" She exclaimed, putting her phone away. "Yes, manager. We won't do it again, we're sorry!" Lisa spoke for the group as they all bowed. "Okay, good. Just make up about whatever you all were fighting about and we will be alright." The manager spoke and then, left. I quickly wrote something down on the paper and came out from my hiding spot. "Jin? What are you doing here?" Yoongi asked, noticing my appearance. "No time, we have another step to accomplish!" I exclaimed, pointing at the paper.

"Oh, risky! I like it already!" Lisa exclaimed and everyone nodded along.