Chapter 25: Reassurence

Seokjin's Pov:
I look out the window of my room and watched as the raindrops fell down ever so softly. It was so silent today. The silence only being broken by the soft pitter-patter of the rain and the clock ticking. I sighed as I looked down and noticed the many umbrellas walking by. How long until they come back? How long until I hear back any updates? I hear a knock on my door and I turn around slowly. "Come in," I spoke, waiting carefully to see who it was. "Hey, Namjoon!" I exclaimed as Namjoon stood at the doorway waving at me with his right hand. "What do you have in your hands?" I asked, looking down at the tray in his hands. "Well, I thought maybe tea could soothe you down for a bit." He replied, entering the room. I walked over quickly and grabbed the tray from his hands. "Hey, I was going to put it down, Hyung." He complained as I set it down on the coffee table. "Well, do you really think I would trust someone who breaks things easily?" I teased, trying to hold in a laugh. "So mean, Hyung." He mumbled, crossing his arms and looking away. "I'm only joking, Namjoon. But, why are you bringing me tea?" I asked, curiosity filling my head. "As I said before, I brought here so you can calm down. Soothe your nerves, you know?" Namjoon explained, sitting down on a chair next to the coffee table. "Am I really being that tense and nervous?" I asked, returning back to my spot at the window. "Well, you're always standing at the window almost every day. You need to take a break, Hyung!" Namjoon exclaimed, concern clear in his tone. I sighed as I put my forehead against the window.

"I can't! I have to help those four and I won't rest until their problems are gone." I replied, closing my eyes. I can still picture the look on their faces when they first started to fake date. They all seemed so hesitant and scared but, they got used to it eventually. Too used to it, maybe. They got sick of it. Got sick of faking it. Lying to the public. They hated it. And yet, we all stood on the sidelines until the last minute. I opened my eyes once again to see the rain.

"I just want to make it up to them after not helping them for a long time," I mumbled, removing my forehead from the glass. "I feel guilty for standing on the sidelines while they suffered. I want to help them." I continued, turning around. Namjoon looked down slowly and fidgeted with his fingers as I said that. There was another moment of silence lingering in the air. "I understand how you feel but, remember, we're doing this for us or them," Namjoon spoke, looking up. "Then, who?" I asked, confused. What was he trying to say?

"Well, of course, it'll be for them too. I mean, I want Yoongi and Taehyung to be happy together without hiding. I want Lisa and Yeri to focus on their careers or find their lovers. I don't want them to suffer any longer." He explained, looking away. His face told me that he remembered that faithful day when this all started. How that one image of those two on the internet came to light. "We're doing this for every K-pop idol out there too who has this rule," Namjoon spoke, grabbing the kettle's handle. I slowly walked over to the chair in front of him and sat down.

"Every company who has famous or well-known K-pop groups received that or at least, that's what they said. In reality, every company received this and all the idols are forced to follow it." Namjoon explained, pouring himself a cup of tea. I noticed how carefully he poured it as he didn't want to mess up in front of me. "Stupid fake dating rule. It doesn't make any sense." I replied, grasping at the hems of my shirt. "Why would you need to fake date if you were 'caught' kissing the same gender of your group or something like that?" I questioned.

"Well, sexuality is a controversial topic here in Korea. It can hurt the company if they aren't careful." Namjoon replied, grabbing me a cup. "Yes, I know but, even so. Fake dating won't resolve anything. It'll just make things messier." I responded, crossing my arms. "Exactly! I don't see how fake dating someone will help! I bet it'll just make things suspicious." Namjoon exclaimed, pouring me a cup. "I'm glad you understand, Jin Hyung. But, please, I just have a small favor for you to do for me." Namjoon spoke, looking down at my cup.

"What is it?" I asked. "Please, don't stress yourself out too much. The other groups are helping too." He spoke, handing me my cup of tea. I smile softly as I grabbed the cup and his hand with both of my hands. "I'll try to, Namjoon. Thank you for worrying about me." I responded in a gentle tone. "No problem, Hyung! I just want you to be okay." He replied as he let go of the cup. "I know. Now, shall we drink our tea?" I asked, smiling. "Yes, we shall!" He exclaimed and we both took a sip of tea.

I heard my phone vibrate on my drawer and I leave my cup of tea on the table. I stand up then, walk over to the drawer and grab my phone. Once I turn on my phone, I see a text notification from Jennie. "It's happening!" It read and I gasped softly. I quickly sat back down at the coffee table with Namjoon as I open up Youtube for live streams of the date. "What's wrong, Jin Hyung?" He asked, setting down his cup of tea.

"They're starting part 2 of our plan!" I exclaimed, setting up the live stream for both of us to see.