Chapter 24: Watching Over Them

Jennie's Pov:
I alternate between staring at the window and my phone. I hear my phone's notification sound and I quickly check it to see a text message. A text message that was sent by Seokjin and I immediately press on it to read what he said. "The four finally left. Remember, you, Joon, and Wendy are checking all tabs on them today." I spoke and I slowly nod my head. "No problem, Jin. We'll update what happens after the date is over." I spoke as I wrote it down and sent it to him. I get up from my spot on the floor and walk toward my bed. I grab my laptop that was on top of my pillows and return to my spot. As I sat down, I opened my laptop and logged in. Once I did that, I immediately called Wendy and Namjoon through Skype. I went on my phone as I waited for them to respond to the call. While that happened, I looked through Youtube for a good live stream to watch and get updates on the date. "Hey, Jennie." Two voices greeted at the same time. "Hey, you know the drill today, right?" I spoke, smiling slightly. "Yes, we know. Check for any updates on the date that those four went on. We know, don't worry." Namjoon explained. "Okay, so, what are you two doing?" I asked, my eyes widen as I find the perfect live stream. "I opened a lot of tabs that contain new sources that would post updates of the date. It's amazing how these people are able to update so quickly." Namjoon replied, looking down at his phone. "I'm looking through social media under another profile. A friend of mine agreed to keep everyone updated on the dates." Wendy explained, smirking slightly.

"It's kinda scary that these people update so quickly. Like they spy on these four and know exactly what'll happen next." I remarked, hesitantly. "Or so, they think!" Wendy exclaimed, giggling. "Ah well, the cons of being a K-pop idol. That's normal, I guess." Namjoon spoke, sighing afterward. Wendy and I nod slowly as we all look at our phones for any updates. So far, it was nothing and just people trying to find where the four were going for a date. "Ah! Hold up! Lisa and Taehyung went to a fancy restaurant! Yoongi and Yeri went to a library!" I exclaimed.

I noticed the live stream's screen was split into two. One part was for Taehyung and Lisa while the other part was for Yoongi and Yeri. I noticed Taehyung talk to the attendant for their reservation. I noted how Yoongi let Yeri inside the library first before entering and shutting the door behind him. "Yep, you're right." Wendy and Namjoon spoke at the same time. They showed their phone screens and I looked at them both. Namjoon's screen contained a paragraph stating where the two fake couples were going. Wendy's screen showed a picture of the fake couples.

"The comments are going crazy in this post, though. Most of them are just random letters. Some are saying how Taehyung-like or Yoongi-like these dates are. Others are just wishing to be in Lisa's and Wendy's shoes." Wendy explained as she refreshed the account she was on for any new posts. "Well if they knew the truth, it wouldn't be so happy. I just wonder how long they'll be doing this." I replied, laying down on the floor with my phone in hand. "Probably not for long, after all, part two of this plan is in motion," Namjoon responded, smiling slightly.

"Do you guys hate doing this?" I asked. There was a moment of silence for a minute until Namjoon responded. "Well, of course, I hate it. I don't want those four to suffer any longer. I don't want people being lied to. I just don't want all of us to be stuck in this cycle forever. After all, the truth comes out eventually. This lie is merely just a mask designed to hide the truth for a bit." Namjoon replied, putting his phone down for a second. "He makes a good point. I hate doing this as well." Wendy added, putting her phone down as well.

"I don't like doing this at all. I hate that we all take turns checking for updates on them. I hate how we have to give them advice on how to pretend. I hate how we have to help them break this cycle. It just isn't us anymore." Wendy explained, looking down at her phone. I could tell she was looking at her phone's dark screen, her reflection. "Well, at least, you two were honest. I can't wait for the companies to finally notice." I replied, still looking at the live stream.

"Taehyung and Lisa are talking while looking at the menus. People kinda notice a slight glare and some tension between them." Namjoon spoke, scrolling down his screen. "Yoongi and Yeri are walking through the library. Finding a book, probably. Supposedly, they seem to be bickering a bit but, it's nothing too big." Wendy added, tapping her phone screen. "Yeah, I noticed. And people are right about this tension. I kinda feel it too and I'm not even there!" I exclaimed, trying to joke around a bit. "Although, I do wonder how they'll pull this off," I added after noting the silence I got.

"Yeah. Actually, how about we listen through your screen on the dates?" Namjoon suggested, putting his phone aside. "Yeah, much better idea. It gets boring to just look through news or social media." Wendy replied, turning off her phone and putting it aside. I nodded slowly and put my phone's volume on it's highest point. I put it at a position where we all could clearly it while I could watch it. Soon after that, we all just relaxed as I laid down and they leaned back in their chairs.

This job is sometimes too much...