Chapter 21: Baby Steps

3rd Person Pov:
"You want us to leave because?" One of the stylists questioned. "Because I need to give them a pep talk! And I can't have them being distracted by getting ready to go on a fake date." Jennie explained. "Well, alright. Make it quick, we need them to go right away." The stylist spoke as everyone left. As soon as the door shut, the two fake couples surrounded Jennie as she motioned them to come closer. "Alright, here's what Jin told me. He wants you four to start off easy before we start dropping hints." Jennie whispered. "What does he mean by that exactly?" Yeri asked, slightly confused. "Well, maybe you get irritated by a small thing coming from them. Or you get into an argument about something big or small." Jennie responded. "Ah, I see. Seokjin Hyung is so wise." Taehyung spoke, smiling which made Yoongi roll his eyes. "Being wise and planning aside, why are we whispering?" Lisa asked, still maintaining a soft tone of voice. "Well, from what I heard, the words are thin. We can't let them hear or else we're busted." Jennie whispered as she stepped away from the group. "I must go now, good luck on the date!" She exclaimed, giving a small wink. Jennie walked towards the doors and opened it for the stylists to enter quickly. Soon enough, the two fake couples were surrounded by people who were doing their makeup, hair, and choosing what to say. Needless to say, the four wanted this whole plan to go perfectly. They really didn't want to deal with another day of fancying them up or going on fake dates. Especially when it's harming them or making them question what this was really all about. Why a rule like that even existed.

"Okay, remember, be lovey-dovey and be affectionate, okay?" The director for these dates spoke as he looked up down at their outfits to see if any changes were needed. "Yes, yes, we know. Don't worry, we won't let you down." Yoongi replied, cringing slightly at the thought of being affectionate and lovey-dovey with another person. Another person other than Taehyung, that is. "Okay, off you go then!" The director exclaimed and the four nodded. They went out the door hand-in-hand with their fake lover as their plan was set into motion. As they walked downstairs to go outside, they passed by their members who all winked at them.

The four gave out a slight smirk then, focused on the plan at hand. Once they reached the door to leave, they all looked one another. "Remember, the reason we are doing this, okay?" Yeri spoke as a way to motivate them. "Yeah, we know, thanks Yeri," Taehyung replied, smiling. "Good luck, everyone. See you later." He added and they all left the building. Taehyung and Lisa walked toward the right side while Yeri and Yoongi went toward the left side. Though far from each other, they certainly knew that each of them was gonna do their part.

As Yoongi and Yeri walked to their usual cafe date, they already noticed the multiple hiding cameras around them. The cameras from around the corner or the cameras hiding in the bushes or behind a tree. It really wasn't that hard to spot if you keep a sharp eye open. "Ugh, can we go somewhere else? I'm getting bored of this place." Yeri complained, setting the plan into action. "Well, I'm not and I want to go to this quiet little cafe," Yoongi replied, smirking. "So if you could so willingly enter that would be great," Yoongi spoke, opening the door to the cafe.

Yeri scoffs and enters the cafe then Yoongi closes the door behind him as Yeri chooses a table. They already notice the cell phone cameras on them and they know what they need to do. "Thank you, I really appreciate your cooperation, sweetheart." Yoongi complimented, sarcastically that is. "Oh, shut up. I just agreed because I can't think of a better place to go. So, be grateful." Yeri explained, looking out the window. "You tell me to shut up but, then tell me to be grateful? What the hell does that even mean?" Yoongi asks, getting irritated. They both share a quick smirk before returning to their acting.

"Taehyung, can you please stop spending money on yourself?" Lisa spoke, noticing Taehyung paying once again for the same game. She could see the cameras were on them and so, naturally, she had to act for the plan. "Sorry but, I'm not giving up until I have that teddy bear," Taehyung responded, focusing too much on the game. "Oh, is it not for me?" Lisa questioned, getting annoyed. "Well, I mean, who said it was for you? That teddy bear is all mine!" Taehyung exclaimed, finally winning the game.

The person who worked at the game stand handed over the teddy bear that Taehyung was talking about. "Hmph, took you long enough. Come on, let's go do something together for once." Lisa exclaimed, grumbling at the last part. Yet, Taehyung was too busy cuddling the teddy bear to even notice Lisa was talking. "Taehyung, seriously, I wouldn't be complaining if that was me or if that teddy bear was meant for me." Lisa groaned at what she was seeing. "Well, excuse me, Princess. I didn't ask for your sass." Taehyung spoke, slightly glaring at Lisa. "And I didn't ask for your selfishness, Prince." Lisa replied, glaring back equally.

The cameras continued to roll but, the people behind them were confused. Where did all the lovey-dovey and mushy scenes go? Why are they so rude and complaining about little stuff? Can they even use this stuff to earn more followers or views? Lisa and Taehyung continued to glare at one another still noting the cameras. Yeri and Yoongi continued to argue still with the cameras rolling. They didn't care at this point. They needed to act like this in front of the cameras.

It was all according to plan.