Chapter 28: Morning Meeting

3rd Person Pov:
The clock read 7:55 AM in the middle of the hallway. Time went by very slow in Yoongi's opinion. It went very very fast in Taehyung's opinion. Either way, here they are. Lisa and Yeri one side as they held one another's hands for comfort. Taehyung and Yoongi on the other side as they hugged one another tightly. The morning went by quickly as the four woke up at 6:30 AM to get ready for their meeting. A meeting that would either break or change their decision to fake date. Was it normal for them to say they couldn't sleep the night before the meeting? Lisa couldn't stop thinking about what would happen if they still continued to fake date. Her mind was so occupied by that horrible thought that she stayed up late on her phone and watched television. Yeri looked up at her ceiling as she continued to say what she needed to say in her head. Needless to say, she didn't notice how much time had passed until it hit her. Taehyung and Yoongi slept together that night as they held one another closely. They talked about their fears and hopes. Until they looked at the time and cuddled to sleep. Yes, no one slept that night. "I just wanna get this over with..." Yoongi mumbled, his eyes still locked on the clock. "I do too but, at the same time, I don't want to enter," Taehyung replied, putting a hand on Yoongi's cheek. "I fear that they will force apart and I won't be able to see you at all." The younger admitted as he gently rubbed his finger against Yoongi's skin. "I promise that I will be with you, no matter what, Taehyungie," Yoongi reassured, falling into Taehyung's touch.

"I love you too much to let you go so easily. So, please," Yoongi spoke as he looked up at the clock. "Stay with me and let's do our best!" He whispered as he removed himself from Taehyung's touch. Someone opened the doors to the room where the meeting was being held. "The CEOs will now meet you." The assistant spoke as two of them kept the doors open. The four got up from their spot and bowed at the assistants as they entered the room. Lisa sat on her side next to her CEO as she bowed at him. Yeri sat on the other side as she bowed at her CEO.

Taehyung and Yoongi bowed at their CEO and then, took a seat in the middle. "So, we've been getting complaints from your manager of this fake dating. Complaints that you are all disobeying orders and straying way off course from the original plan." BigHit's CEO spoke as he looked at the paper in front of him. "Yet, you already knew what you were doing and continued to do it on purpose. May I hear why you all are doing this?" He asked, putting the paper down as he stared at Taehyung and Yoongi.

"At first, things went smoothly. We had no problems with covering up the rumors that circled around those two. We had no problems with lying and faking those moments on camera." Lisa explained, looking away. "But, then, things got a little too much. We feel bad for lying toward the public. We will feel unnatural and uncomfortable with doing these things. I want my first kiss to be special, not forced." Lisa spoke, her gaze was sharp as she stared at the CEOs. It was clear as day to the CEOs that Lisa wanted to rebel because of her uncomfortableness.

The CEOs nodded and wrote something down on that piece of paper. Then, they all stared at Yeri who visibly swallowed. She felt so...anxious. "Well, I, uh, agree with Lisa on that statement!" Yeri exclaimed, stuttering. She memorized what she needed to say last night. Why weren't they coming back to her! "Yoongi is my friend and I don't want to do these things with him because we need to cover something up. Besides, it would be deemed suspicious if any fan would find out about that new rule." Yeri explained, rubbing her arm with her left hand.

"How so?" YG's CEO asked. Yeri's eyes widen slightly but, she knew this was her job. It was her job to help everyone escape from this cycle so, she had to do her job right. "If any fan found out about this rule and realized this whole dating thing happened after it. Many fans would easily believe that we were all fake dating. Hence, making our plan fall apart. We can't risk losing the trust of our fans because of this. We'll lose so much money and loyalty of the fans!" Yeri explained, crossing her arms. It seems she took a more business approach than a personal approach.

The CEOs nodded quickly as they wrote something down. So far, the approaches seemed to convince the CEOs. But, will what Taehyung and Yoongi say really change their minds for good? "We want to come out with the truth. The public deserves to know and they deserve not being lied to. We want to tell the truth about that picture!" Yoongi exclaimed. Taehyung and Yoongi looked at one another as they both felt scared. Yet, once their fingers brushed against one another's hand, they felt safe and encouraged.

"Taehyung and I are dating and we have been for about a few months now. We didn't know cameras were recording so, that's the reason for that photo." Yoongi explained, showing the CEOs, their linked hands. "All we ask is for you to give us permission so, we can tell the truth. Lisa, Yeri, Yoongi, and I are done with fake dating and lying. Please, let us do what we want to do." Taehyung explained, desperately. The room turned silent as soon as Taehyung spoke. Did they mess everything up? Or did they succeed? The CEOs looked at one another and got from their chairs to talk about what to do next.

Here comes the moment of truth for Yeri, Lisa, Yoongi, and Taehyung.