Chapter 2: Avengers Initiative

"Phil!" Pepper and I stood up as we walked toward Phil. "Come in."

"Phil?" Dad questioned.

"I can't stay." Phil walked in.

"His first name is Agent." Dad pointed at Phil as he trailed behind us. We ignored him. Which is something we do often.

"We're celebrating." Pepper explained. Pepper stopped, but I hugged Phil. Phil hugged back. He smiled as we pulled apart.

"Which is why he can't stay." Dad gave Phil his "camera" smile.

"We need you two to look this over." He lifted a computer toward Dad. Dad does not like to be handed things, but he's getting better with me and Pep.

"I don't like being handed things." Dad spoke my thoughts out loud. Pepper spoke up.

"Well I love to be handed things, so let's trade." She have Phil her glass and took the computer. Then she took dad's glass and gave him the computer. This is why I love Pepper. I chuckled. She took a drink of his glass. "Thank you."

"Official consulting hours are before 8 and 5 every other Thursday-." Dad was interrupted by Phil.

"This isn't a consultation." Phil confirmed. I looked into his mind. It's about the Avengers. Fury wants to open up the Avengers Initiative.

"Is this about the Avengers Initiative?" Phil gave her a look. "Which I know nothing about..."

Dad walked away while putting the computer together. I know I'm apart of the Initiative.

"Pfft! Avengers Initiative was scrapped. I thought I didn't even qualify." Dad looked back at Phil.

"Yeah I didn't know that either." Pepper stood awkwardly in the same spot next to me.

"Yeah, apparently I'm in-volatile, self-obsessed, don't play well with others." Dad said.

"That I did know." Pepper nodded.

"I qualified." I spoke up raising my hand. "I'm still up to join."

"Fury knew you would. This isn't about personal profiles anymore." Phil looked at Dad.

"Whatever." Dad waved him off. He raised his finger and wiggled it to come here. "Ms. Potts, you got a sec?"

"Half a moment." Pepper whispered and walked over to Dad quickly. I stood next to Phil.

"Did anyone confirm they were joining yet?" I asked him. He looked over to me with raised eyebrows.

"Yes, but you'll have to wait and see." He nodded. I shook my head.

"You can just tell me, or I can take a look in your mind." I shrugged with a smirk. He sighed.

"Just Agent Romanoff. She's gone to convince Bruce Banner. Fury went to convince Captain America and I'm here with you two. Clint was compromised." He answered. I smirked at him.

"Did you want to convince Captain?" I asked while tilting my head. His eyes widened. He coughed awkwardly.

"I-I'm here to convince you two, so Fury choose Captain America." Phil looked to the ground.

"I know your a fanboy Phil." I teased him. He glared. "You should ask him about your cards. Maybe he might sign them."

"Get out of my head Hope." He crossed his arms grumpily. I laughed and patted his shoulder.

"I'm just kidding Phil... to be honest... I'm a Captain America fan girl too." I smiled at him. His eyes widened. I looked over to Pep and Dad. The files were displayed on the screens. I smiled as I saw them. "Excuse me."