Chapter 48: Long Time, No See

I stood outside the apartment. They are going to kill me! I can't go in there! It's been so long! And I faked my death! I was about to knock when the door flew open. I looked at the boy in front of me. Oh yeah! Petey's friend! Ned! His eyes widened as he stood still. I looked like a fish, he didn't know what to say. I stared at the 12 year old.

"Y-you're H-H-." He stuttered in complete shock.

"Nice to finally meet you. Petey tells me a lot about you." I told him. Ned stood there for a while. I didn't know what to do. I just stood there. "Can I come in?"

"O-oh yeah." He stepped out of the way. He walked into the hallway. We stitched spots. "I'm a huge fan Miss Stark. Peter has told me so much about you and you sound amazing. Well I mean you are amazing. I think you smart, powerful, beautiful- well I think you are- I mean you are beautiful- I meant I think your smart- well I know you are because you're Tony Stark's daughter- wait, I'm sure you were smart before you were adopted- I didn't mean that- what I meant was-."

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay Ned." I chuckled softly at him. He was blushing, embarrassed. I bent down and kissed his cheek. His eyes widened as he froze. "You're so sweet. It was great meeting you. I hope that I get to see you again. Maybe you, me and Peter can go out for ice cream or something." I suggested to him. He just nodded, still frozen. I slowly closed the door. I felt bad for closing the door on him. Sweet kid.

"Okay, so what to make, what to make?" I heard cupboards being opened and closed. I took a deep breath to calm myself down. I walked into the kitchen slowly. May looked over to me. She did a double take. She gasped as she placed her hand over her mouth. I smiled at her sheepishly.

"Hi aunt May..." I waved awkwardly. She insisted I called her aunt May. I just decided to go with it. I watched as her eyes tested up. She ran towards me and pulled me into a big hug.

"Hope..." she cried as she squeezed the hell out of me. I hugged her back.

"I'm so sorry Aunt May. I was so busy and I know that isn't a good enough reason for completely ignoring and not visiting you guys. I just thought-."

"Hey, hey. It's okay. I know you had stuff going on. I watch the news. I completely understand." Her eyes still a bit red, but no tears. "It's Peter I'm worried about... he was getting a little upset when you didn't show up for Christmas." I felt my heart break. I visited Romeo and the others, but not these two.

"I'm so, so, so sorry Aunt May. I can't believe I didn't. I don't know how I could have forgot." I pulled at me hair as I ran my hand through it. She smiled reassuringly.

"You know he can't stay mad at you for long. You're like the sister he never had." She patted my shoulder. I smiled at her. I looked down the hallway to Peter's room. I looked back at her. "Go ahead, but I'm pretty sure he just jumped in the shower. Just wait in his room." She nodded. I walked into the hallway and peeked in his room. I smiled as I looked at the small room. I notice the Luke Skywalker posters beside his desk. I rolled my eyes. I walked over to his desk. I notice some kind of wrist band sitting on his desk. I picked it up. I examined it closing. There was a small button. It was like a wrist band and the button stretched out to fit in the palm of your hand. I double tapped for my glasses.

"Miss Stark. May I suggest getting back to work soon. Captain Rogers is beginning to worry. He tried to call Mr. Stark." I smiled at the worried A.I. How does Dad make robots and and freaking A.I. to have personality!? Genius!

"And what did you do to stop him?" I asked as I continued looking at the wrist thingy.

"I pretended to call you and played the message you had sent me. It fit perfectly with his questions. It truly seemed like a conversation." J.A.R.V.I.S replied with what sounded like an impressed tone. I smirked.