Chapter 30: The Alleyway part 3

Flashback part 3

I closed the door. I looked up at Mr. Stark.

"What did you want kid?" He looked down at me. I pointed to my arms. He looked at them and his eyes widened. I looked to the ground, ashamed and embarrassed. Was my past this bad? I fell to the ground. I curled up into a ball and cried. "Hope..." He kneeled down in front of me. I didn't look at him. I kept on crying. I felt his arm around my shoulders. I raised my hand and a blue ball of mist appeared. I glared at Mr. Stark. He backed away. I realized what I did. I looked at the blue mist. Magic? I looked up to him.

"W-what am I, Mr. Stark?" I cried as I made the mist disappear. He looked a bit scared now. "Now your scared of me! I'm a freak! I-I can't remember a thing! Why?! I just want to go home... please Mr. Stark." I sobbed into my knees. What is home? Where is home? Did my family do this to me? Did they not love me? Why?

Tony's POV

I stared down at the sobbing 10 year old girl. I wanted to cry seeing her sad. I don't want her to be sad, but she had every reason to be. She can't remember a god damn thing about her past, she has scars covering her body. She's scared. She called herself a freak. I can't leave her with some stranger. She has powers! She has magical powers! She can read minds. Imagine what someone would do for this power. She's just a kid. I want to help her. I'm going to help her. Jeez... what is she doing to me...

"Hey Hope. I'm gonna help you find your past." I kneeled in front of her again. She looked up with a sniffle.

"Can you?" She whimpered. If I had a heart, it would have broke.

"Of course. I practically own this city. I'm sure I have connections." I smirked at her. She rubbed her eyes. She's too sweet. "You know, we haven't officially met yet."

"... Hi, my name is Hope." She lifted her hand out to me. I shook it carefully. Her small hand in my big ones.

"Hi Hope, I'm Tony. There. That's better. And now, we have to go out there and tell them everything we know about you." I smiled down at her. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"We?" I nodded. I promised myself I would.

"Of course. We're in this together now. I'm the boss, your my assistant." I smirked. She scoffed.

"It's the other way around. I can tell all your deepest darkest secrets." She smirked. I forgot about that. I pointed at her with a glare.

"You are..." She did this thing with her eyes. They went soft, yet big. Glossy from the crying. I'm pretty sure her pupils got bigger too... What in the hell? She looked so... adorable. I actually said that! Holy shit! What is this kid doing to me!? Suddenly her bottom lip puffed out. She pouted. I groaned in anger. "Fine, you can be the boss." I sighed in defeat.

She smirked up at me. I helped her stand. I took off my leather jacket and gave it to her. She looked up at me.

"I guess you can wear it." She grinned and took the jacket. It was huge on her. I chuckled at her. She had a smile on her face now. I couldn't help but smile too, knowing I did that. It felt good. I grabbed her clothes and carried them out for her. She walked in front of me with confidence. I watched her posture become tense as she looked at Pepper and... I forget her name. She smirked lightly and waved. I gave a little wave back, but now's not the Tony!

Hope's POV

I sat on the bed. I looked over to Miss Potts. She smiled sweetly. Her hair was a bit messy. She has been doing a lot for Mr. Stark. She's helping sort this out too. I smiled back softly. I looked over to Miss Styers. She ave a nodded to me. Only slight movement in her face. I looked over to Mr. Stark. He shrugged.