Chapter 55: Highway Part 1

I groaned as I gained consciousness. I opened my eyes slowly, greeted to cement walls. I gulped as I looked down at the straight jacket around me. I used made my self burn up, making the jacket fall off. I made sure to make clothes appear before I was exposed. I cooled down. I looked back and notice a chair... the chair.

I gasped slightly. My eyes widened as memories flooded my mind. I stiffened as I turned my back to it. I notice the glass window on one wall. I felt my hand clench into fist. I'm back.

I was relieved Steve and Natasha got away. Steve actually listened to me.

I glared at the window. I felt as though I was staring someone in the eyes. I walked up to the window.

"Show your face, you coward." I sneered in anger. I will kill anyone who is beyond this glass. The one side glass changed. I could now see inside. There stood Alexander Pierce. I sneered at him. He smirked. Next to him, Rumlow stood with a large, satisfied smirk. I started to heat up. Skin glowing blue.

"Still amazes me how you do that." Pierce finally spoke up.

"Let me out and I'll give you a closer look." I smirked at the man. I won't let them have the satisfaction of seeing me either scared or furious. Pierce chuckled.

"You are certainly different than the old reports I read about you, but I'm sure having you 'freedom' changes you." He didn't take his eyes off me. "Where's the scared, submissive little girl? The one who knew the rules."

I watched as Bucky walked in the same room Pierce was in. His eyes emotionless as he stared into the room. His eyes scanning me, taking note of every detail. He was trained to find weakness and strengths in all his targets. Am I a target?

"I want this done quick. There are many things to do, and you've taken a long time to wake. So sit in the chair and cooperate." Pierce told me. I shook my head and growled.

"No fucking way." I glared daggers. Pierce mentioned to Rumlow. The Winter Solider stood still as Rumlow held a knife to his neck. The knife tight against Winny's neck. "Your bluffing."

"I'm afraid not, Miss Stark. You are a valuable asset. Losing him, well that will be a tragic to the world, but it will be gaining you in the process. If you cooperate, you both will live. I'm sure I can go talk to a certain boy and family. What was his name again? Romeo? That's quite a old fashion name now-a-days."

My eyes widened. How does he know?

"I had a few friends in the police department back in New York." Pierce must have noticed my confusion. I glared as I sat in the chair. Men started to walk into the room. In a few moments, 2 dozen men stood in front of me, ready to fire with guns pointed at me. Fear radiated off of all of them. I smirked at them. Two of them pushed my down. I sneered at them. One flinched as they hooked me up. I can do this. All my practice better keep me intact. I've been trying to focus on all my memories these past for months.

"Full power men! We all remember last time." Pierce's voice rang through the room. I grabbed the gun from the man next to me. Guns clicked.

"Calm down boys. I just need something to squeeze. You should have given me a stress ball or something." I chuckled. I could picture Pierce's annoyed face. I felt the gun leave my hand and one of the men gave me a stress ball. It was a smiley face. I smiled at the man. "Well, what a gentleman. Thank you." I readied myself. "Give it your best shot." I could sense the confusion  and shock in the room. I can handle this. I can do this. A mouth guard was stuffed in my mouth. I hope it's a clean one.

"Three... two... one..." I squeezed the ball and my eyes tightly. I screamed as I felt my brain rip into parts. I felt my body heat up. I used all my strength to hold my memories. I didn't care about the magic coursing through me, the people watching. I cared about Bucky, Dad, Loki, Pepper, Steve, Happy, Natasha, Rhodey, Peter, Romeo, Thor, Harley, Bruce, Clint, Fury... my whole family, even PJ. I grasped them tightly. I focused on them and nothing else.

The pain stopped.... I still remember. I felt a tear roll down my face. I did it. I opened my eyes. I have to act. I stared at the room. I noticed the man all around me, all of them, dead. I gulped as I acted scared. I sat up slowly. Pierce and Rumlow ran into the room.

"Agent Quill, I'm glad your okay!" Pierce ran up to me worriedly. I backed away. He gave me a fake worried look. "Agent?"

"W-who are you? W-where am I?" I asked softly.

"It's me, your director, Alexander Pierce. And this is Agent Rumlow. You don't remember us?"

I shook my head. He sighed.

"We tried to stop them, but I guess we were too late. We have a mission for you and your partner."

"Partner?" I was actually confused.

"We only call him the Winter Soldier, but you've worked together and you've stayed together all the time. I'm sure he'll seem familiar to you." I nodded as I stood up shakily. I followed the two out of the room.

~

I looked down at the dark blue and black suit I had on. It was like Winny's. I had the mouth cover, but not the googles. It was also heat resistant. It can handle my heat. It won't burn off, I had to test it, which I'm happy it didn't fail.

I was just riding under the highway Steve, Sam, Natasha, and Sitwell are under. We have a plan, but I have my own. I waited for my signal from the passenger. He gave me a nod. I teleported next to Winny. He stood up from his kneeling position. I notice his fingerprints in the cement. The broken windshield of the car Sam was driving. I stared at them with emotionless eyes. I was told they are a group of level 6 danger. Which is the highest. They are small group of people, who work for a bigger organization, sent to expose us to the public. They told me that they were the good guys, hidden from the world, that were protecting the world and trying to gain freedom.

Steve stated at us with emotion filled eyes. Natasha looked slightly scared. She stared at me. Sam looked over to the two in the front seat, then back to us. I almost laughed at the sight. I watched as truck come straight for the small car. Bucky and I stood in the middle of traffic, waiting for the plan to continue.
The car come toward us quickly. We jumped up, in sync, I flipped back onto the truck pushing the car with my friends inside. I watched Winny do his job.

The car flipped over and Steve, Nat, and Sam fell onto the car door as the rest of the car flipped past them. They slide on the highway. We drove past them. We jumped down after we stopped. Winny took a big ass grenade launcher and aimed it at Steve. He shot and sent Steve off the highway. I sighed, not wanting to do this at all.