Chapter 7: "I know a lie when I hear one."

I opened the door of the lab and saw my dad talking to Banner.

"You know, you should come by Stark towers some time. Top ten floors all RND. You'll love it! It's candy land." Dad grabbed an object from the table. I rolled my eyes. Tony Stark will be Tony Stark. I know exactly what that is.

"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York... I kinda broke Harlem." Banner continued to work on the sceptre. Dad looked over to me. I smiled.

"Hello Daughter." Dad greeted back with a smile.

"Hello father." I grinned. He looked back at Banner.

"I promise a stress free environment. No tension, no surprises." Dad poked Banner with the small electric shock stick.

"Ow!" Banner grunted and placed his hand on his side where dad poked him. Steve just so happened to walk in on that moment. I crossed my arms. Here we go.

"Hey!" He yelled from the door as he walked in with his signature star-spangled suit. Dad looked at Banner closely.

"Nothing?" He asked Banner quietly. Dad really wants to see the green dude. I want to see him too.

"Are you nuts!?" Steve exclaimed with a annoyed looked. Banner just chuckled awkwardly and went back to work.

"Jury's out. You really have a lid on it. What's your secret? Drums? Bag of weed?" Dad asked an awkward Bruce. I sat in a chair and just watched the show.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve glared at Dad. I nodded.

"Yep." Steve glanced at me. Dad pointed at Steve.

"Funny things are." Dad answered.

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny." Steve glanced at Banner. "No offence."

"It's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I could handle pointy objects." Banner reassured the Captain. Dad chuckled as he walked away from Banner.

"Your tip toeing big man, you need to strut." Dad pointed at Banner. I smirked.

"And you need to focus on the problem Mr. Stark." Steve continued.

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us in? Why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables." Dad asked Steve. I thought the same thing. This does seem fishy though. Fury was working on the Tesseract before he even called us in. I didn't even think of looking into his mind for that, but I do know how he lost his eye. I chuckled to myself. I still can't believe that. He doesn't trust anyone because the last time he trusted someone, he lost an eye. That's what he always said, but it was a cat! I think its name Goose the collar said.

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Steve questioned. I turned my attention to Steve.

"He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets. It's bothering me. Banner too." I pointed at Banner. Dad and Steve looked at him. Banner gave me a look. I smirked. He didn't want to be apart of the conversation.

"Uhh... I just wanna finish my work here and-." Banner was cut off.

"Doctor?" Banner looked at each of us and took off his glasses. He sighed.

"A warm light for all man kind. Loki's jab at Fury for the cube." Banner started.

"I heard it." Steve nodded for him to continue.

"Well, I think that was meant for you." Banner pointed at Dad. Dad offered him some of his blueberries. Umm... hello. I'm right here too. Science bros... I knew it. "Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the tower, it was still all over the news."