Chapter 6: Lady Hope

I walked along side Dad as we walked toward the main room.

All the Avengers were there, except Clint. Dad doesn't really trust S.H.I.E.L.D, so he's gonna get J.A.R.V.I.S to sneak his way into their system and see what's really going on.

I haven't seen Nick in a while. He don't like seeing me because I can look in his mind. He doesn't trust that easy... I wonder why. I should find out. Probably an intense fight... or he was in a war to save the world!

Today, I'm gonna see him and I can get all the answers I need!

I smirked as we walked closer to the others, we could hear Dr. Banner taking.

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium. What do they need the iridium for?" He rubbed his chin with his thumb and pointy finger.

"It's a stabilizing agent!" Dad exclaimed as we walked in the room. There were S.H.I.E.L.D agents on the computers in front of us and the Avengers were all sitting at a large table.

I smiled at the familiar red head I actually love. She smiled back.

I slowly followed dad farther into the room.

"Means portal won't collapse on itself like it did in S.H.I.E.L.D." I continued for him. Dad walked past Thor.

"No hard feelings Point Break." Dad pats Thor's arm. I smirked. "You gotta mean swing."

"Also means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long as Loki wants." I finished. Dad walked up to the main computer Pirate Fury always works. I walked over and sat beside Nat, not where Clint always sits, but the other side. I could tell Nat didn't want me to sit in his chair.

"That man is playing galaga!" He pointed in a direction. "Thought we wouldn't see it, but we did. How does Fury even see these?" He asked looked at the two screens holding a hand over his eye.

"He turns." Agent Hill said.

"Sounds exhausting." Dad started pressing buttons on the screens. "The rest of raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. The only major component he still needs is a power source of high-energy density. Something to kick-start the cube."

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Agent Hill asked curiously with crossed arms. Dad looked over to her.

"Last night." He answered with a stone face. It was like he was joking, but he wasn't. He did a lot of studying.

He turned away from Agent Hill.

"The packet. Selvig's notes, the extraction theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?!"

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Cap Asked from his seat across the table.

"He would have to heat the cube to 120-million kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Dr. Banner spoke up. Dad raised his hands and looked at us with a "finally" look.

"Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunnelling effect." Dad slowly walked towards Dr. Banner.

"Well, if he could do that, he could achieve heavy ion fusion at any reactor on the planet." Banner played with his glasses as he watched Dad walk towards him. Dad raised his arm to Banner.

"Finally! Someone who speaks English!" Dad shook Banners hand. Steve looked so confused.

"Is that what just happened?" He looked at Nat and I in confusion. I smiled to the adorable man.