Chapter 46: Back to Earth

"That was an epic battle!" Volstagg exclaimed with a roar. Asgardians surrounded us as Volstagg finished the story of me and Thor's fight. I had a black eye from a punch I let slip through. I gave Thor a bloody nose and a busted lip... and a slight concussion. I threw some powerful magic at him. He got me with the lightning too. I'm thankful for Extremis, or Steve and Dad would freak.

"How does it feel to lose to a female midgardian Prince Thor?" Asked an Asgardian. Everyone laughed and smiled at the god. Thor scoffed. Lady Sif has praised me for the win.

"It was a tie! We are both powerful and gave it all we got." Thor spoke quickly. Thor's friends smirked at Thor. Thor glanced at them, then to me. He stared for a while. "You did well today Lady Hope... you showed your strength and power. It was quite remarkable."

"It was a quite fun Thor..." I smiled at my friend. He smirked.

"But I won't go so easy on you next time." Everyone laughed.

"Oh, and how could I forget. Happy Birthday to Lady Hope!" Thor cheered with a grin.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone cheered with grins, everyone threw their glasses down, except Thor. Lady Sif and The Warrior Three all wished me a happy birthday already. I looked over to Thor, he looked at the cup with a longing look. I furrowed my eyebrows curiously. The place became loud with chatter and laughter. I suddenly felt out of place... I decided to go for a walk. I don't know where, but I'm sure I can manage.

I walked away from the crowd. I heard footsteps behind me.

"Are you ready to go home Lady Hope?" Asked Thor as he caught up to me.

"Yea, I have a day before I start working with Steve and Natasha. Do you know what time it is right now on Earth?" I asked Thor. He looked down thoughtfully.

"I think in the very early morning, or late at night? Midgardian time is slower then here on Asgard." I nodded. So I might not get home when I wanted to, but it's okay.

"I didn't know Thursday was named after you? I remember reading it while I was searching up Lok- Norse Mythology." I looked up at him. He chuckled.

"Yes, I was honoured when I found out. Every week on Midgard, there is a day to celebrate me." Thor grinned as he praised himself. I laughed.

"Gosh you sound like Loki." Thor laughed at that. Thor and I walked in comfortable silence.

"Do you miss her?" I asked Thor. I stared straight ahead, but I could feel his eyes on me.

"Pardon?" Thor questioned, confused to who I meant.

"Jane... I heard about her. I think I meant her before at a convention with my dad, but I can't remember. Do you still talk to her?" I asked the god. Thor looked down sadly as he shook his head.

"I'm afraid not. Jane and I seemed to have grew apart. I haven't visited her in awhile. I do regret it. I just don't know what to do." Thor pouted softly. I pouted and almost awed. He's like a big cuddly teddy bear.... if big cuddly teddy bears were incredible violent.

"I'm sure she'll understand. You have been quite busy. I was surprised to see you at me party, which I'm glad you joined." I decided now isn't the time to talk about it. He deserves it. He smiled softly.

"It was a pleasure. I remember when I was similar to your age. I quite enjoyed my birthdays too." Thor looked straight ahead as we made our way down the hallway towards big doors.

"When is your birthday?" I asked him. I want to know for the future.

"On Midgard it is October 8th." Thor nodded. My eyes widened.