Chapter 16: FlashBacks

I yawned as I laid upside down on the couch. I have been watching TV for the past 2 hours now.

It's now 7:44 am!

I was jamming out for the other 2 hours and it made me more tired. I managed to stay awake though!

Dad didn't wake up which is perfect! He actually got 4 almost 5 hours of sleep! That's a lot compared to what he has been getting!

Pepper had another meeting, but it was the last one for a while. She freaked out at me for not sleeping. I didn't tell her why because she would tell me that I shouldn't lose sleep because my Dad's stubbornness to see a doctor.

I managed to keep her from the lab, where my father wasn't.

She asked where he was and I told her the usual... which is the lab. I also told her that he was making a surprise, so we couldn't go down there. She actually believed me!

🎶🎶

Are you ready kids!?

(Aye Aye Captain!)

I can't hear you!

(AYE AYE CAPTAIN!)

Ooooooohhhhh!
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea!?

(Spongebob Squarepants!)

Absorbent and yellow and porous is he!?

(Spongebob Squarepants!)

If nautical nonsense be something ya wish!

(Spongebob Squarepants!)

Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish!

(Spongebob Squarepants!)

🎶🎶

I sang the theme song to Spongebob as I watched the screen. I love this show! Makes me feel like a kid and yet I get all the hidden adult jokes.

____________

12:30 p.m. I checked on Dad just to see if he's still breathing. He is, don't worry. 9 hours! I'm so proud!

The spell I put on Dad is making me very tired, like you have no idea!

I'm so bored too! I don't want to wake dad up yet, but I extremely tired.

I made lunch just now. I mean, brunch. Pancakes and bacon because why not. Bacon is always needed with breakfast!

I made a plate for Dad and set it aside. I placed my plate in the sink after I rinsed it off. I took the last drink of orange juice in my glass.

Just another hour and I'll wake Dad up. 1o good, peaceful hours of sleep.

I walked into my room and plugged my phone into it's charger. I heard shuffling. I looked over to see Dad slowly waking up.

I guess just 9 hours is good.

I smiled in relief.

"It has awoken!" I exclaimed with a tired smile. Dad squinted his eyes at me.

"Good morning..." he said groggily as he rubbed his eyes.