Chapter 29: The Alleyway part 2

Flashback part 2

"What the- Tony?" Happy exclaimed. Mr. Stark stared at me with confusion and shock.

"What the hell was that? How did- Did you just..." Mr. Stark's eyes widened. "You just talked in my head!"

"Yep. You are Anthony Edward Stark. Born May 29, 1970. Your a billionaire genius. Current CEO of Stark Industries. Happy Hogan, your bodyguard and friend. You're very cocky, arrogant, and to most people, an asshole. But to me... you seem like a good man." I continued to speak in his mind. I smiled up at him. Through the pain I smiled. A feeling that felt all to familiar. Mr. Stark stared at me with an emotion I couldn't understand. Happy looked confused and a bit worried.

"You okay Tony? You look like you just seen a ghost." Happy helped Tony get up. Tony didn't take his eyes off of me. He was thinking about experimenting on me... but it went away quickly. He regretted thinking that.

"She's coming with us..." Mr. Stark came over to me. He stood about 2 feet away and I flinched back. Happy gave me a look. He thinks I'm gonna cause trouble. Mr. Stark kneeled in front of me. "You shouldn't be walking kid. Let me carry you to the car." He held his hands out. I looked to the ground. "I won't hurt you, I promise." He smiled gently. I smiled at him and nodded. He carefully put his arms under my knees and his arms around my back. Bridal style. I winced in pain. I looked over to Happy and he had a look of shock and interest. He's thinking about how this is the first time in a while Mr. Stark is not somewhat of a asshole. I chuckled, my teeth showing.

"What?" Mr. Stark asked while he looked at me with a grin. I smiled. I waved him closer. He leaned in with his ear.

"Happy likes this side of you. He's thinking about how he hasn't seen you not be somewhat of an asshole to someone in a while." Mr. Stark gave Happy a side glance.

"He ain't wrong." He shrugged. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why?" I asked. Happy opened the back door for us. Mr. Stark sat me in the comfortable seat. Mr. Stark gave me a confused look. "I mean, why are you being nice to me? I'm just a random, freak kid with powers."

Mr. Stark looked down at me. I tried not to read his thoughts. I don't want to get my answers like that.

"Just thought you shouldn't be alone. You're only 10, who knows what coulda happened to you." He answered hesitantly and slammed the door. He exchanged a few words with Happy. Happy looked a bit upset. Did he not like me? I looked down at my hands and played with them as I waited for the two men. I heard doors open. Happy got in the drivers side. Mr. Stark got in the back, with me.

"Here kid, your shivering." He handed me his jacket. I shook my head.

"I'm okay..." that was a lie.

"You're lying. Take it or I'll drop you off at a orphanage." He threw it at me.

"What's an orph-an-anage?" I tried to say the word he said. He smirked down at me.

"Nice try kid. Put on the jacket." He nodded towards the jacket. I slowly put it on. It was huge on me. I laughed as I waved around the sleeves. Happy pulled out the alleyway and we made our way through... um...

"Where are we?" I asked Mr. Stark. He raised his eyebrows. I looked out the window and watched everything drive by in awe. Buildings towered over us. All differ kinds of cars drove by. Colours and people filled the streets. I saw a boy playing with his mom and dad. The Dad has the boy on his shoulders and the mom is tickling him. He laughs and wiggles. I frowned softly. I'm jealous... I wish I wasn't.

"This is New York." He said like it was obviously. He gave me a look. I looked out the window and seen a bunch of people carrying decorated, colourful bags. I could see Christmas lights around the streets. It's Christmas time?

"Is it almost Christmas?" I asked the billionaire. Mr. Stark gave me a strange look.

"Christmas Eve... you really don't know anything do you?" He questioned. I shrugged.

"I could learn anything and everything about someone. About you. What I do know is that this really hurts." I pointed to my wound.

~

We've been here for a few hours. I don't know the story Mr. Stark had to make up, but I got a room and I've been taken care of. They just finished stitching it up. They were surprised when I didn't want to freeze around the wound. It had to be done with a needle... I had a really bad panic attack, that's what the doctor called it anyway.

"Her wound is all stitched up and clean. She should try to stay off of her leg to let it close up and heal, but I'm sure you knew that already Mr. Stark." The doctor spoke the Mr. Stark. Happy stood outside the door while us three were in the room.

"I'm sure she knows that too." Mr. Stark nodded. "And thanks Doc, great seeing you again."

"You shouldn't Mr. Stark. And remember to try and stay away from-."

"Crazy exes, yes I know. You couldn't blame me... she had great technique." He smirked at Doctor Dillon. The Doctor rolled his eyes.
I gave them a look of confusion. What does that mean?

"Child services will be here to speak to Hope in a few minutes. You seemed pretty good with her today." Doctor Dillon said to Mr. Stark. Mr. Stark shook his head quickly.

"No, no, no. I can't take care of a kid. I'm sure she'll be fine somewhere else." Mr. Stark spoke quickly towards the Doctor. He just laughed and walked out the room. Mr. Stark looked over to me. I laid on the really uncomfortable bed. Mr. Stark sat on the chair next to the bed.

"It's Christmas tomorrow..." I spoke sadly. Mr. Stark nodded.

"Yep. Best day of the year if I say so myself. Get presents, parties, spend time with family, eat a shit load of food. I mean I eat as much as I want already, but it's just an excuse to eat more." He shrugged. I tried look through my mind to find a memory, anything at all. I remember everything except my personal life.

"That's sounds nice." I smiled sadly at him. He nodded. We sat in uncomfortable silence. We didn't know what to talk about. I looked down at my black suit. "Is there any clothes I can change into?"

"Oh yea!" He stood up and grabbed some clothes. I took them from him with a Thanks. "I picked them out. I picked what I thought suit you." I nodded.

I limped into the bathroom and closed the door. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked filthy. Dirty covered my face. My brown hair was tangled. My black suit looked scary. I don't like them at all. I like black though. I set the clothes down and looked at my shirt first. It was a black shirt with red writing.

AC/DC

What's that? I shook my head and looked at my pants. Skinny jeans. Really? Alright. I just want to shower! There's no shower in here. I groaned as I took off my pants. I looked at my legs. On the side of my legs, there were scars. Little lines, like a knife or razor. And needle holes. I quickly put my leggings on. My breathing started to become uneven. I took off my shirt and gasped. My forearms and stomach had scars. The looked like the same as my leg. Small little needle holes and lines. My stomach had 6 cuts. I gulped. I put on my sleeveless shirt... they can't see this. I peaked my head out and noticed a black haired woman and a red hair woman were in the room talking to Mr. Stark now. They both looked precessional, but nice.

"Mr. Stark!" I called out to him. They all looked towards me. The two women gave me a surprised look. "Can you come here? I need to talked with you."

"Sure kid." The red hair woman, Pepper Potts. She's Mr. Stark's friend and assistant. The other girl was from child service. Her name is Jamie Styers. I smiled at waved at the women. Miss Potts was the only on who smiled and waved back. Miss Styers just looked at her nails. I grabbed Mr. Stark's arm and pulled him in. "Woah! Damn kid, You're strong!"