Chapter 31: Trevor?

"You okay sweetheart?" Dad asked from his bed. I nodded as I stood up from the window.

"Yep. I'm just thinking." I thought of Loki as I sat on my bed. Dad laid on his back with his eyes on me. He noticed my face.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he sat up across from me. I looked up at him.

"I've been talking to Loki..." I started. Dad raised his eyebrows.

"Loki? Why? He took over your mind and killed hundreds! How can he talk to you anyways? He's in Asgard... or is he?" Dad squinted at me.

"He's on Asgard still, don't worry. He asked me to go visit him." I told him.

"Visit him!? What the f-!" I used my magic to keep his mouth shut. He glared at me. I shrugged.

"Yes, visit him, and I wanna go." I nodded. He furrowed his eyebrows, his mouth not being able to move.

"No." He said in his head. I groaned and took down my spell. He moved his mouth around a bit.

"Why!? He can't hurt me this time! We'll be on Asgard. He'll be in a cell and I won't. Thor can watch over me for a bit. I'm sure he won't mind. And I'm turning 19 tomorrow! I'll be fine!" I said. His breath hitched as I said 19. His eyes widened in realization. He looked outside to the night sky, then looked to the ground slowly. "Dad...?

"I completely forgot... I'm so caught up in all that is happening... I forgot tomorrow is your birthday." He whispered like he has done something terribly wrong. We chose this as my birthday because it is the day Dad found me. Like a new me was born.

"It's not that important Dad. It's just another day. There are other important things happening tomorrow. I'm sure we can wait to celebrate on Christmas." I reassured the man.

"I'm so sorry Sweetheart. I can't believe I forgot! I'm gonna make it up to you," He told me. I rolled my eyes.

"I had plans to visit a friend tomorrow. I probably will after whatever happens tomorrow." I told him. He nodded with a squint.

"You have friends? Since when?" He asked me. I scoffed. "That kid you tutor don't count." He pointed at me. I glared.

"Peter is my friend! He's a little young, but he's a smart kid. And I hang out with his Aunt. She's pretty chill." I defended myself. Dad rolled his eyes.

"He's like, 10 years old." He gave me a look.

"He's actually 12." I pointed my finger.

"That don't change anything." I shrugged and looked down. "After Christmas, I'm going to Asgard."

"...if I can talk to Thor first... it would help me sleep better with you up there." I smiled at him.

"Thor asked me to just call out to Heimdall when ever I needed too. I can't wait to go to Asgard!" I squealed excitedly. He chuckled.

"Well, let's get going. I wanna get this done." He grabbed his stuff. "You can sleep in the car." I nodded and grabbed my coat.

~

Dad used his binoculars to see the guards surrounding the big mansion. I'm still a bit confused, but I'm rolling with it.

"You know the plan. You go left, I go right. Meet at the back entrance." I nodded and took off. I ran towards the perimeter wall and climbed over swiftly. I landed gently and continued running quietly. I kept my head down as I made my way to the side stairs.

A guard stood at the top. I could see the shadows of two more. I used my magic to knock out on of the guards. The other two were quick to react.

One goes to grab me, but I grab his arm and flip him onto the ground. I punched him in the face, knocking him out. I grabbed the other guard's foot before it hit me. I twisted it. He grunted in pain. He got up. I sighed. He went to punch me, but I blocked it and threw him into the small wall next to us. It wasn't loud, but it looked like it hurt. I walked towards the back entrance.