Chapter 57: Best Friends

"How ya feeling Nick?" I asked him as I walked up to the group. Surprised looks on all their faces.

"What does it look like Stark?" He mentioned to himself. I chuckled at the bondage around his ribs and head. I shrugged.

"I was trying to start a conversation." I looked at Steve. He stared at me.

"I told you he wouldn't remember you Steve... they did it to him again. I just stood by and watched it... I couldn't stop them in time." I felt tears begin to fill my eyes. I could hear his screams in my head still. His face before they prepped him. He knew what was about to happen. And I froze. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Maria gave me a worried look. I wiped my tears and smirked at the others. A look of disappointment on Steve's face. I almost cried again. He looked to the ground. I looked over to Natasha. Her shot wound all bandaged up. "Sorry I didn't stop him from shooting at you."

"It's alright. I survived." She said simply. I looked over to Sam.

"Falcon, uh?" I smirked at him, interested in his suit. He nodded and looked over to Steve. He still didn't know who side I was on. "It's pretty cool."

"Did you know?" Steve asked. I looked over to him. He was starting to have distrust... in me. I blinked as I looked over to Nick.

"Yes, I did. Nick asked me to keep it a secret, since he knew he couldn't hide it from me." I looked between Natasha and Steve. Steve really hates secrets. He glanced up at me and sighs. Natasha didn't seemed bothered. I feel left out right now... I rubbed my arm awkwardly.

"What's the plan? What did I miss?" I looked over to Nick. There was silence in the room for a few moments. Nick was about to speak, but I started to walk out. I clenched my fists as I felt the tears come back. Steve's mad at me, he's starting to have the same trust for me as he does for Nick. I know the plan. I went into Nick's and Steve's head. I'll help them. To be honest, all I want to do is get Bucky and leave. If Steve wants to take down S.H.I.E.L.D along with HYDRA. What happens to the data? The mission reports? Would I be exposed? Would Bucky? I walked out the door. We're in a dam.

I fell to the ground. I can't believe it. I sat against the railing, thinking about Bucky. His face... his face reminded me what they did to us, what they are still doing to him. I can't believe I froze like that. He was remembering! He remembered Steve, the fall, his arm! He was remembering me...

~
"Winny... Winny?" I shook his shoulders. He was thrown in the cell be a guard. He looked bad, so bad. His eyes purple, his lip and nose bleeding, bruised cheek. I cried silently. He wasn't waking up. "Winny... please don't leave me..." My vision became blurry from the tears.

Suddenly, he jumped up. His metal arm swung. I ducked in time to miss the blow. Winny backed up, eyes wide. "Winny. It's okay. It's okay." I tried to calm him down.

He stopped moving and stared at me. His eyes filled with fear. I cried at the sight of his swollen eyes. I jumped on him. I hugged him tightly. He hugged me back. I cried in his chest. I don't want to be here anymore. He played with my hair as I felt him shake too.

"I'm sorry Hope... I'm sorry..." he cried in my hair. I cried even more.

"Please don't leave me Winny... I can't live without you." I pulled away. He wiped my tears away. I reached up and wiped his. He smiled softly.

"I could never leave you, Sweetheart. You just have to do something for me." He whispered softly. I looked up at him. "You can't leave me." I nodded.

"Never in a trillion years." I used my sleeve to wipe his blood from his nose and lip. He smiled as another tear rolled down. "You're my brother, you're stuck with me." I smiled at him.