Hurt

Barry and Oliver have been together for about six months and they both love each other it's just Oliver's never said it back. Barry has told Oliver he loves him many times but Oliver only smiles and kisses his head. Barry has no doubts about their love for each other but he wanted to hear it from Oliver. He wanted validation but if Oliver wasn't ready to say the words Barry would never make him.

"Hello?" Cisco said into Barry's phone. "Who's this why do you have Barry's phone?" Oliver asked. "Umm I'm Cisco I don't even know who you are I just know that I promised Barry if he ever got hurt bad I'd call this number and tell you," Cisco said. Oliver was already grabbing his go bag and heading out to his bike. "What happened?" Oliver said as he got onto his bike switching Cisco to the Bluetooth in his helmet. "Uhh well..." Cisco said. "It's okay I know he's the flash and I know you work with him now tell me" Oliver snapped as he drove as fast as he could towards Central city. "A new meta, she got the drop on him and he took a sword to the stomach. Our doctor is operating on him now" Cisco explained. "Catelyn she's only a nurse is she even fit to do that?" Oliver said. "No, but we can't exactly take him to a hospital," Cisco said. Oliver sighed and just hung up screaming into the wind.

Oliver arrived at the Star Labs and pulled his hood up bow in hand but not loaded. The arrow stormed into the cortex. "Where is he?" he said his voice low and gruff. "Holy- your the arrow" Cisco said. "Yes now, where is he?" Oliver snapped. "You're the one I spoke to on the phone?" Cisco said. Oliver nodded under the hood. "He's back here," Cisco said leading Oliver back to where Barry was. He was lying on a hospital bed looking paler than normal. Oliver dropped his bow causing the Dr. to look up. "Who's he?" She asked Cisco who only shrugged. Oliver walked over to his sickly boyfriend. "Is-" Oliver's voice broke so he took a deep breath, composing himself before speaking again, "is he going to be okay?" He asked Catelyn his voice normal but sad. "It's hard to say anything for sure but his body is healing itself pretty well so it's looking good I'm optimistic," she said. Oliver nodded but his eyes never left Barry's face as he gently held the speedsters hand and Cisco gasped "so you're the secret boyfriend" he said. Oliver nodded under the hood that was still on. "We'll leave you two then call if you need anything we'll be in the other room," Catelyn said before Cisco could push the subject. He nodded and they left the room.

Oliver didn't move. He stood next to Barry holding his hand not moving a muscle. It had been about an hour and Catelyn had been in a few times to check on Barry but he was still out. Ires walked in with Joe following close behind. As soon as Joe saw Oliver he pulled the gun on him. "Get the hell away from my son," Joe said but Oliver didn't move. "Dad don't," Ires said. "Don't defend this murder?" Joe said. "He's Barry's boyfriend," Ires said causing Oliver to finally look somewhere else aside from Barry. "He told you," Oliver said. Ires nodded "don't worry I pretty much forced it out of him and he just said the green arrow he was never more specific than that," She said. He nodded and his eyes when back to Barry. Joe huffed but put his gun down. Catelyn walked in "you can go rest for a bit they can watch him, you must be tired after driving all the way here and standing there for an hour" Catelyn said to Oliver who shook his head. "I'm not leaving him," He said. She nodded sympathetically. and pushed a chair behind him. He glanced at her and nodded a thanks before sitting down his fingers still laced with Barry's.

Ires and Joe were sat in the cortex but Oliver didn't leave Barry's side. Eventually, Joe, ires, and Cisco went home and Catelyn went to bed at in the spear room in case Barry needed her but Oliver never left Barry's side. He sat there at his lover's side all night and was still awake when Catelyn woke up the next morning. "I can bring a bed in here if you'd like to get some sleep" She offered but Oliver shook his head "I'll sleep when I know he's okay". Catelyn sighed but ran a few tests then went back into the cortex. Oliver sat their just watching Barry. Barry groaned and his fingers tightened on Oliver's hand. Oliver shot out of his chair. "Bear?" he said softly. Barry coughed "Ollie?" he said as Catelyn walked in. "it's okay Bear I'm here'" He said reaching his free hand up to push the hood and mask off. Catelyn staired and Cisco walked in gasping as well. Catelyn snapped out of her stair and began running tests on the half awake Barry. Once she determined he was okay and just needed rest she gave the two a minute alone forcing Cisco to do the same. "You had me so worried Bear," Oliver said gently brushing Barry's hair out of his face. "I'm sorry... You look tired how long have I been out?" He asked. "Since yesterday morning," Oliver said. "Have you slept at all" Barry asked. Oliver shook his head "I came here as soon as Cisco called and I haven't left this room since" Oliver said quietly. Barry slowly shifted to one side of the small bed and gently tugged on Oliver's sleeve who complied and laid down facing the speedster. "Get some rest Ollie you need it," Barry said. "As do you," Oliver said kissing Barry softly. "I love you," Oliver said quietly against Barry's lips. Barry smiled blushing softly "I love you too Ollie" He responded kissing Oliver softly. Oliver smiled as they broke away and laid down letting Barry lay his head on the Archer's broad chest. "Night Ollie" Barry mumbled softly. "Goodnight Bear," Oliver said kissing Barry's head as they both dried off to sleep.