Fake It Till You Make it- Pt.4

Friday came almost too fast and Barry was really anxious. He showed up early as planned to help out before dinner because Ires couldn't that day. He set the table as Ires and Eddie walked in. ires Smiled and hugged Barry whispering 'it'll be fine' in his ear because she could sense his anxiety. He smiled and she helped him finish setting the table. As soon as they finished there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it," Barry said rushing to the door. He opened it to reveal Oliver looking as handsome as ever even though he only had one a casual button up. Barry smiled warmly his anxiety going down as he looked at Oliver. "Come in," he mumbled softly. Oliver kissed his cheek softly making him blush lightly and smile as Oliver stepped in allowing Barry to shut the door behind him. Joe walked in and looked at Oliver and a glare immediately come over him. Barry took a deep breath and stepped up pressing up against Oliver lightly as the older man placed his hand on Barry's back, "Joe, this is my boyfriend Oliver." He said. "I know who he is," Joe growled in a tone barry was vaguely familiar with and knew to keep his mouth shut. "Go into the kitchen Barry," Joe said. "I don't th-" Barry started. "Now" Joe growled cutting him off. Barry looked at Oliver nervously. Oliver nodded moving his hand off Barry who hesitantly walked into the kitchen. Ires looked up and her smile immediately fell when she saw the scared sad look on Barry's face. "Oh Bear," She said going up and hugging him. He hugged her resting his head on her shoulder. "What happened?" She asked. "I just introduced him and Joe said He knew who Oliver was and told me to go into the kitchen it the same voice he used when he caught you with that boy you snuck in when we were teenagers." He said. "Oh.. that voice." She said sadly. He nodded pulling away from her. "Well, it's Oliver I'm sure he can take care of himself. He's good to you it'll be fine," she said. He nodded half-heartedly. They all sat down at the dining table. Joe had stepped out front with Oliver and neither had come back yet. Barry sat there looking at his plate his leg bouncing. Ten Minutes later the door opened making Barry's head shoot up. Joe walked in looking sweaty and Tired. Oliver walked in after and shut the door. They both silently sat down. Oliver smiled and introduced himself to Cecil and they all started eating and nothing else was said about Oliver and Joe's conversation.

The dinner went smoothly and Joe seemed to no longer hate Oliver which made Barry pretty happy. Oliver went to call for his driver barry bid his family goodbye. "He's a keeper," Joe said making Barry smiled. "So you like him?" Barry asked. "He's dating you so no" Joe said making Barry frown. "But as far a boyfriends go, I approve," Joe said. Barry chuckled and smiled hugging Joe. "Ready Bear?" Oliver said stepping inside. Barry nodded wrapping his arms around Oliver's arm smiling happily. The two headed back to Oliver's place. "So what happened?" Barry asked. "Well..."

~~~When Barry went into the kitchen~~~

"Outside," Joe growled. Oliver went outside followed by Joe who immediately swung at Oliver who easily ducked grabbing Joe's arm ready to film him and take him to the ground but he knew how important it was to Barry that this went well so he let go stepping back. Joe looked confused and went at him again but Oliver only dodged with ease. "You can fight so why aren't you," Je snapped. "Because I care about Barry," Oliver said in a gruff tone. "Are you implying I don't care about my son," Joe said. "No, I'm implying that this is stupid and childish he's not a kid he's perfectly capable to take care of himself he's the flash for fuck sake," Oliver said. "So he trusts you," Joe said. "I knew before you or anyone did," Oliver said. "Beg your pardon?" Joe said angrily. "I'm the Green Arrow," Oliver said. Joe pulled his gun but before he even realized it was in Oliver's hand. With ease, Oliver pulled the clip out and knocked all the bullets to the floor along with the one in the chamber and then the clip and gun. "Don't be stupid," Oliver said. "Aren't you supposed to be trying to impress me?" Joe said. "I was never good at that," Oliver said. "Give me one good reason I shouldn't call the cops," Joe said. "Barry, the only reason you should need," Oliver said. "Didn't know a sociopath could care about someone. How is it that you and my son met anyway?" Je asked anger in his voice. "He showed up to my family's company claiming to have been sent by his captain to help investigate because he was skilled at investigating strange cases," Oliver said without even having to think about it. "And how did that end in him knowing you were the arrow?" He asked. "He saved my life, I was poisoned and he injected a liquid version of rat poison into me and saved my life," Oliver said. "And what have you done for him?" Joe asked. "A relationship doesn't work that way but you're not going to take that as an answer how about I've had his back. I've trained him, I've helped him learn to fight without his speed as well as using his speed to his best advantage. I've taught him how to analyze a scene and not go in blind. I've saved his life multiple times and he returns the favor. And more importantly I trust him and you won't know this but he does and so does my team that there is no one in this world I trust or care for more than Barry. And if you ask my sister she'll tell you that there's nothing I wouldn't do for someone I care about," Oliver said. "So you'd do anything for him?" Joe asked. "I would die before I let anything happen to him," Oliver said. After a long moment, Joe held out his hand for Oliver to shake. "That's all I needed to know," He said. Oliver hesitated but shook Joe's hand.

~~~Current time~~~

"Nothing much he just wanted to make sure my intentions were pure. He knows I'm the Green Arrow though so you don't have to worry about that," Oliver said. Barry smiled cuddling up to Oliver. "Good I'm glad he approves," Barry said. Oliver kissed his head. "Me too."

((Any prompt ideas or requests???