Fake It Till You Make It- Pt.3

After that, the lie became easier because well It wasn't a lie anymore. They still didn't tell anyone else so only the two teams knew. Barry was worried Joe would find out so he specifically told everyone especially Ires that they can't tell Joe. Of course, Barry knew that if their relationship was real he'd have to tell Joe soon but Joe didn't know that Oliver was the Green Arrow. Barry wasn't sure who he'd hate more Oliver or the Arrow but he knew that when Joe realizes it was both he'd be furious.

Ever since he and Oliver became a real thing he'd been jumpy and anxious around Joe and Joe started to notice but he didn't say anything. Barry was currently at Joe's having a family dinner with Joe, Cecil, Ires, and Eddie; Who had started coming to family dinners a few weeks ago. "You know Bear you can't stay single forever," Joe said. "Seriously Joe I'll settle down when I'm ready," Barry said. "Are you seeing anyone?" Joe asked. Barry hesitated before he answered. "No," he said looking at his plate as he took another bite. "Who is she?" Joe said making Barry cough awkwardly. "What?" He asked looking at Joe. "I raised you boy, you can't lie to me," Joe said. Joe looked over at Ires who was looking at her plate. "You know don't you Ires," Joe said making her look up at him. "I uh-" Ires said looking at Barry for help. He sighed, "fine yes I'm seeing someone." Barry said. "Is it serious?" Joe asked. Barry looked at Joe and shrugged, "I don't know..." He said. Joe sighed, "yes you do," He said quietly. "What do you mean?" Barry asked. "I can see it whoever it is you love her," He said. Barry smiled smally and shrugged, "I guess," he said. "Why don't you bring her to our next dinner," Joe said. "I'll think about it I just should probably tell you... Umm... I... it's well," Barry looked down at his plate and stuttered over his words for a moment before Joe cut him off. "It's not a girl is it?" Joe asked. Barry looked up slowly and shook his head. "Bear you should know I don't care about that as long as you love him and he treats you right," Joe said. Barry smiled, "Thanks Joe," He said. "Plus I always knew you were gay," Joe said smiling. Barry chuckled, "no way how?" He asked. "I don't know if you two remember this but when you were both about 10, Ires had a Ballet recital but when she was up there for her solo in front of everyone she got scared and froze but because she practiced every day in front of you, you knew the routine. So you got up in front of everyone and did it with her," Joe said. "Aw, I remember that," Ires said. Barry chuckled, "okay but wanting to help a friend doesn't make me gay," Barry said. "No, No but the to-to you borrowed to do it with her was unnecessarily gay," Joe said making everyone laugh. "Okay fair point," Barry said.

Barry had gone home to Oliver's after dinner. He'd been staying there most night's now. "Hey, Babe how was dinner?" Oliver said from the couch where he was laying watching something. "Good, actually I came out to Joe." He said walking over. "How'd that go?" Oliver asked making room for Barry. "Good, he said that didn't matter to him as long as I was happy and that I'm treated right and the told me he'd always known I was gay and proceeded to tell embarrassing  stories of me as a kid," Barry said laying down and cuddling up to Oliver who chuckled and kissed his head, "That's good I'm happy for you," Oliver said. "Thanks but uh the conversation started when Joe asked If I was seeing one. I said no but you know I'm a horrible liar and so does he so he asked me to bring whoever I'm with to dinner," Barry said looked up at Oliver. "Did you tell him it was me?" He asked. Barry shook his head, "no i just said I'd think about it," he said. "And?" Oliver asked. "I want them to meet you but Joe will immediately recognize you as Oliver Queen the millionaire playboy who punches paparazzi" Barry said. "But that's not who I am anymore," Oliver said. "I know that and you know that it's convincing him that's going to be the hard part," Barry said. "And the easy way to do that uses the Green Arrow card but he doesn't see you as a hero like I do... he sees you as a vigilante with a bad reputation," Barry said. "You can say it Bear, he thinks I'm a murderer," Oliver said. Barry sighed and nodded. "You're going to have to tell him eventually either way," Oliver said. Barry nodded, "your right, are you okay coming to dinner because it's not going to be pleasant," Barry said. "I'll be fine, will you?" Oliver asked. Bary sighed and just shrugged, pulling out his phone and texting Joe telling him that he was bringing a date to dinner next Friday so that he couldn't back out. "No backing out now," Barry said cuddling up to Oliver. 

((Quick filter part next part coming soon just having a little writer's block))