Little Pt.4

Oliver told the team they'd need a day off the next day and to only call for an emergency. He gave Barry lots f cuddles and let him float in and out of headspace throughout the day. The next day Barry went to work while Oliver went to see Joe before he entered the preceinct. "What can I do for you Queen" Joe said venom in his voice. "It's Queen-Allen incase you forgot" Oliver said back. Joe rolled his eyes "what do you want?" he said. "For you to stop being a dick to Barry. You really hurt him by making fun of his little space," Oliver said. "So what he needs to grow up and stop playing games like that," Joe said. "It's not a game to him," Oliver snapped. "What you don't understand is that Barry has been so strong for so long and no one ever lets him rest so when he regresses he gets to truly and fully relax" Oliver said. "And he can't relax like a normal person" Joe said. "Why does it matter!" Oliver yelled. "Why does it matter how he relaxes when it doesn't affect you. He rarely slips into headspace when were not home and we never leave the house with him in headspace. Hell he's been hiding it from you for sixteen years!" Oliver yelled. "Do not come to my house and yell at me about MY son" Joe yelled. "He's my husband! And i care about him and he cares about you opinion so when it's destructive he becomes destructive. He was crying in the middle of our kitchen the other day because he had so much self-loathing against himself that he tried to force himself to stay out of head space." Oliver yelled. "So either except him or stay the fuck away from him" Oliver yelled loudly then he heard a small whimper from behind him. Oliver turned and Barry was there shaking and scared. Oliver's whole demeanor changed, he relaxed his shoulders and his face "Bear?" he said softly stepping closer to him but he stepped back. "It's alright I'm not gonna hurt you or anyone else" Oliver said softly. "Why'd you well at him" Barry mumbled. "He hurt you and no one not even Joe is allowed to hurt my baby boy" Olive said softly Barry nodded and easily slotted himself in the archer's strong arms. Oliver kissed his head "wait right here and I'll go tell captain Sing you need another day" Oliver said, Barry nodded and Oliver went inside. "I'm... I'm sorry Barry I never meant to hurt you.." Joe said guiltily. Barry smiled and hugged Joe tightly. Oliver came back and smiled softly. "Come on Bear let's get you home" Oliver said his hand on the small of Barry's back. Barry smiled and nodded kissing Oliver's cheek. Joe held his hand out to Oliver something he didn't even do on their wedding day. Oliver shook Joe's hand as Joe spoke "thank you for taking care of my boy" Joe said. Oliver nodded and let Barry cuddle into his side like he'd been trying to do while they were talking. "Come on Bear" Oliver said letting Barry speed them home.