movie night- steve rogers

"Y/N, wake up! Wake up, wake up, wake up," you heard a voice whisper as someone shook you awake. You opened your eyes to see your best friend, Steve, bouncing up and down on your bed like a little kid, his bright blue eyes shining with excitement.

"Whaddayawant," you said in a groggy voice, rubbing your eyes and squinting at him.

"I want to go watch a movie downstairs in the theater. Come on," he replied as he motioned towards the doors and tried to tug you up.

"Steve," you groaned as you stretched your arms, "it's two thirty in the morning and I want to sleep..."

"We're watching Mission Impossible," he singsonged, knowing you loved action movies, and grinnned when you shot straight out of bed.

He took your hand and dragged you downstairs to the theater which was built in two years ago because Tony was too lazy to go out to the actual movies. Contrary to the stern, serious face he put on while on missions, Captain America could be really childish sometimes, but that was Steve for you.

The theater could seat up to forty-five people, with an additional sofa-bed in the front for the ones who wanted the clearest, best view. Pillows and blankets were already set up there, with two drinks in the cup holders. You smiled at the arrangement and flopped down, pulling the blanket over yourself.

The movie was turned on, and you were immediately in a trance. "I want to be a secret agent like that!" You pointed at the screen in awe. "Then people wouldn't question why I was wearing sunglasses indoors."

"We're already teamed up with SHIELD, and I bet that if you asked, they'd give you a tux and aviators," Steve joked. "You'd look so tough, like nobody would want to mess with you because you'd totally kick butt!"

You watched in silence for the next half hour, eyes fixated on the movie screen. "You totally should take me on your motorcycle," you nudged Steve as you watched Tom Cruise speed through the streets of Paris on his motorcycle, narrowly missing crashes with other vehicles.

"Maybe someday," he chuckled as he watched you as you were still in your temporary trance. Fallout never failed to impress you, no matter how many times you rewatched it.

As the movie continued playing, you rested your head on his chest without thinking about what you were doing, and he wrapped an arm around you. If it weren't for your tiredness, you'd be questioning why you were all cozied up to him right now. But it felt nice, and that was all that mattered at the moment.

Twenty minutes were now left in the movie and you looked over to see Steve fast asleep, snoring softly. His blondish-brown hair was all messed up and you smiled at how adorable yet godly he looked.

"Hey, Rogers..." you whispered. "The movie's almost over..."

"Just five more minutes," he mumbled, and his grip on you tightened ever so slightly. You smiled again, and brushed his hair away from his forehead, which sent sparks up your fingers.

I wish he'd feel the same way about me, you thought. Boys...they're so confusing. Damn.

Soon enough, you were asleep as well.

-----

"Why is Mission Impossible: Fallout on a loop?" Clint and Bucky scratched their heads in confusion. "What is---oh. Tony!" Bucky called. "They're in here!"

"I was searching for almost ten minutes! When did they---" Tony sighed as he rubbed his temples, looking around.

"Shh!" Clint hissed, pointing to yours and Steve's sleeping figures. "You're going to wake them up!"

Tony walked around the chairs to see you two asleep on the sofa bed, Steve's arm still wrapped around you as your head was resting on his rising and falling chest. "Oh." Then he smirked. "That's cute."

"I know," Natasha poked her head from behind the doors and giggled. "Since when have they been getting so..."

"Cozy?" Bucky finished for her. "I mean, I'm not that surprised, because they are best friends, after all...why else would he drag her down here in the middle of the night to watch a movie?"

Clint raised his eyebrow suspiciously at him. "Really...just friends? Don't you think that there's something more to their relationship than just friends?"

"Yeah, they are just friends...oh. I see your point now."

"So, are we going to wake them up or...?"

"I would be honored to do that. STEVE, WAKE UP!" He shook the super soldier awake.

Steve sat up, moving your head to his lap as he shot Bucky a death glare. "Buck, she's sleeping! You're going to wake her up...and why are you guys looking at me all weird?"

"Don't act like you don't know, Rogers," Tony smirked again. "Are you clueless or something?"

"I'm Captain America, I'm not clueless," he replied. "And no, I don't know what's going on. Why else would I ask you this?"

"You were cuddling on the sofa."

"And why does that matter so much, you know that we're never going to---"

"Shut it, Steve," Natasha rolled her eyes. "We all know you have a thing for her."

You woke up and turned around to look at the team, who was watching you and Steve very closely, for some reason. "Oh, hey guys..." you said as you yawned and stretched your arms in the air. "What's up?"

Then you realized that they were all looking at Steve's arm, which was still wrapped around you, and the fact that you were sitting so your legs were practically pressed together. "Oh, uh..." The two of you were both speechless, just gazing into each others' eyes, unknowing of what to say or do next. "So..."

"Pepper and Wanda are in the kitchen with breakfast, so come on," Natasha motioned towards the doors. When you got up, Steve didn't release his grip on you and you walked with your arms around each others' shoulders, grinning at each other like you didn't have a single care in the world.

Out of the blue, Steve planted a kiss on your cheek and you turned to look at him, surprised. "What...what was that for?" you asked, blushing furiously.

"A thank you for staying up with me," he replied nonchalantly, although you could see a bit of pink coloring his cheeks as well.

Oh screw it, you might as well make a move now, you thought to yourself, as you tugged him towards you, pressing your lips against his. You broke apart to the sounds of hooting and wolf-whistling and a cackling Tony. "Go, Rogers! Get some!"