faking it- steve rogers (part 1)

<<a/n: just to make things clear this isn't the same as 'the best fake boyfriend' series, it has a completely different plot although the fake relationship concept is kinda the same and i got a sudden burst of inspo>> EDIT: this series has been edited to sound a lil better!

"Hey, Y/N," Steve gave you a nod as he walked into the kitchen, grabbing a cold glass of water and pulling a seat up next to you, setting it down in front of him. "You okay? You look tired."

"I always am," you replied before letting your head fall down against the cool marble of the kitchen island.

"Look, there's something important that I need to ask of you."

"Yeah, sure," you shrugged, sitting up to look at him. "Ask away, Cap."

"First off, I'm assuming that you're aware of the team attempting to push us together and saying we should just date already?"

"I mean, who isn't...it's the only thing I've been hearing this past month, so yeah, I'm aware..."

"If we pretended that we were together, then we wouldn't have to hear any more of their annoying comments, so we could go down that route, you know."

"Wait, what?" you tilted your head as you gave him a strange look. "Steve, are you...serious?"

"No," he shook his head, "just hear me out. If we fake date, then it'll make everything a whole lot easier."

You thought for a moment, before a smirk appeared on your face. "Sure, why not give this a shot? Let's do this."

"We've got a deal, then."

He stuck his hand out and the two of you shook hands, and you couldn't help but smile at the deal you'd just made.

...

Following through with the fake-dating stunt turned out to be easier than you'd expected. Upon seeing you step out into the training room with your fingers intertwined together, none of the team could hold in their excitement.

Being the overeager older brother he was, Tony was especially happy that his 'ship' was finally sailing. Sam and Bucky wouldn't stop making jokes about you two being a couple, however. They never would, and there really wasn't much you could do about it.

The days turned into weeks, which quickly turned into months and with time, pretending to be together came along so smoothly that you could almost say that the relationship was actually for real. It was almost too easy pulling it off, and because you'd been doing it for a while now, it felt just like a routine to hold hands wherever you went

"I think they're becoming suspicious of us," you hissed into Steve's ear as you grabbed his wrist to tug him towards you, observing Natasha and Bucky's sparring match. "We need to think of a plan, and fast."

"Who?" he whispered back. "Buck and Sam?"

"Yeah," you nodded, "I don't think they're completely convinced that we're really a couple. If all we do is hold hands and hug every once in a while, then they're bound to figure out this is all fake sooner or later"

"So what are we supposed to do?"

"I don't know!" you whisper-shouted, "think!"

"Okay. Play along with this, okay? Don't freak out," he raised an eyebrow at you and you nodded before raising his voice slightly, making sure to sound nonchalant as he took your hand in his like he'd done countless times before. "You're cute when you get mad, Y/N."

"Steve," you pretended to actually get upset, "don't."

"You're cute," he smirked, lightly tapping your nose and leaning down to place a swift kiss to your cheek.