linger- steve rogers

╒═════════════════════╕

the beginning scene is the ending

of TWS in the graveyard, but Y/N

is in Natasha's place

╘═════════════════════╛

so this is a oneshot going more into detail with that graveyard scene which plays out in the end of the Winter Soldier, but Y/N has most of Natasha's lines.

basically, this is a post winter-soldier alternate universe, so the other avengers will be showing up in this oneshot and I wrote this before realizing Coulson isn't dead...haha...but he's in this anyway lol.

The Winter Soldier dialogue credits goes to Marvel. I do not own any part of the movie's scripts.

═ ═ ═ ╰☆╮ ═ ═ ═

Steve watched in silence as Fury turned on his heel and walked away, staring off into space.

"You should be honored, that's about as close as he gets to saying thank you," he heard your voice say behind him.

"Not going with him?" he questioned.

"No," you replied simply, a slight smile crossing over your face.

"Not staying here?"

"SHIELD has me busy for the next few days and I won't be back until the end of next weekend, but I'll still be here," you stated. "I'm not about to leave just yet. Nat will need to, though."

"I blew all my covers," Natasha said, looking away. "I gotta go figure out a new one, and that might take a while."

"Y/N?" Steve turned back to you.

"I'll be staying. It'd be weird for me to live a life without all of you, and I don't think I have the heart to leave."

"At least do me one favor," Natasha spoke up once you finished, handing Steve a file folder and leaning in so you couldn't overhear, "please do something and act on your feelings for her, because it's becoming crystal-clear that you can't go on much longer holding all of it inside."

"See you soon," you gave Steve a soft grin once Natasha left, kissing him on the cheek and walking away.

Steve opened the file that Natasha gave him, which was information on Bucky and the information which was regarding his Winter Soldier transformation, as Sam walked over to him.

"You really love her, don't ya," he commented, nudging his friend in the shoulder as he noticed he'd subconsciously touched a hand up to his cheek where your lips had been.

Steve's hand immediately fell back down to his side, "Nah, I don't think so."

"Sure you don't."

"She doesn't seem much like the type that would care about love and relationships," the super-soldier explained. "Y/N's more of the let's-get-down-to-business type of woman, and I doubt she'd feel the same way anyways."

"Out of all the things you said, that was probably the stupidest and most BS thing of them all," Sam scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Look, if I've known you for the shortest amount of time out of Y/N and Nat and I too can see the chemistry going on between y'all, then you do love her."