shaken- steve rogers

╒═════════════════╕

another fluffy and cliche

oneshot involving comfort

and insomnia

╘═════════════════╛

here's a steve oneshot for you! t includes the cliche nightmare topic in the beginning but I just couldn't hold back from writing another one :)

so I've done my research and apparently the compound is located near this huge river but for my oneshots I've always been locating it near the ocean because it worked better that way lol. so I made the correction and put it near the river, and instead of upstate it's around 30 mins from downtown nyc.

(i'm just gonna have it near the river like it really is but the location itself will be changed to make my oneshots go better with it reee) if that makes sense haha

once again I'm sorry if this is cringey. I typed up most of this draft at like midnight so I mean, insomnia. iykyk

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

After tossing and turning all night in your sleep, being unable to calm down enough to drift off again, you jolted up into a sitting position. Beads of sweat dotted your forehead and streamed down your face as your body shook violently and your heart beat at what felt like a million miles per hour.

You wrapped your arms around yourself and looked around your room, convincing yourself that you were no longer in the environment of the nightmare, that none of it was real in the first place. But it felt so much more vivid than your previous ones had and left you with shivers running down your spine, making your blood run ice-cold.

Letting out a yawn, you laid back in bed, determined to actually fall into a peaceful sleep this time. Counting sheep and chickens didn't seem to work, so you simply laid there with your eyes closed until you felt the familiar tug of fatigue at your eyes.

But a mere few minutes later, you jolted awake screaming with the image of bloody corpses, Steve and the others among them, flashing by, which was rather hard to forget about now that it was stuck in your head.

The digital clock on your nightstand read 2:27 a.m, glowing a bright red. You slid a hand down your face and sighed, knowing that if you tried falling asleep it'd be pointless because you'd wake up screaming again.

Steve awoke with a start, hearing someone's screams travel down the hall and when he came to realize it was you, immediately got out of bed and slid his feet into his slippers, quietly padding down the hallway to your room.

He pushed your door open and carefully closed it behind him, making his way over to where you sat in a cold sweat, the sheets wrapped tightly around yourself. You looked so much younger in this state, almost like a little girl, except you were scared out of your wits and looked as if you were going to break down at any moment.

"You okay?"

You inhaled sharply and shook your head. "No."

"Another nightmare?"

You shook your head again. "I-I guess. It was bad this time, and no matter how many times I keep convincing myself that none of it is real, it feels like I'm actually living it, and-"