more than just mission partners- steve rogers (part 1)

╒══════════════════════╕

in which you and steve get sent

off on a mission not long after

you catch feelings for one another

╘══════════════════════╛

VERY CLICHE AND MAJOR CRINGE-WORTHY MATERIAL WARNING.

i see so many imagines like these and felt inspired to do (yet another) mission oneshot because there's so much that can happen! also i like romance-action stuff and blood and gore hehehhehehehe

yes this is cliche and I'm doing it on purpose this time lmao. because I love cliches ljasdlkfj

and I'm a trashy writer with trashy ideas sooooo here ya go

also appreciation post for @lolitslia for reminding me that my oneshots aren't original enough or too cliche when necessary, basically just being my editor in general and for sending in requests! thanks mate ur the best

═════ ♢.✰.♢ ═════

Steve approached your room and carefully opened your door by a crack, first making sure not to simply barge in just in case you were changing or what not before pushing it open the rest of the way.

A few seconds later you came out of your bathroom with a towel in hand, dressed in sweats and a tank top that showed off your toned shoulders. You'd just finished taking a shower and were about to get ready for bed, figuring you really needed to catch up on missed sleep because you'd pulled an all-nighter helping Bruce and Tony in the labs the night before.

Feeling a blush creep up his cheeks, he coughed awkwardly and turned his head away for a moment before looking back at you again.

"Hey," you greeted quietly, sitting down at the edge of your bed, "what's up?"

He sat down next to you and handed you a black manila folder.

"New mission?" you guessed, and he nodded. "Well...that's expected."

"Nothing new," he replied, "the only issue is that we have to get ready to leave by 4:30 a.m tomorrow, and the jet takes off at 5."

"4:30?" you whisper-shouted, "that's really early!"

"I know," he replied, looking down at the floor, "but we don't have any other choice."

"How am I supposed to wake up in..." you peered down at your watch, "barely 5 hours? There's no way I'll be able to do that."

"If you need me to wake you up, I can stay here for the night and do that for you," he offered. "Or just whoever wakes up first, wakes the other person up. If you're alright with that."

"Uh, yeah," you stuttered for a second, feeling your face flush a deep red at the thought of sleeping in the same room as Steve. "That'd be good."

He then proceeded to open the file folder and slid out the papers, and the two of you briefly went over the mission's plans together for the next few minutes.

It sounded relatively simple and straightforward: get into the base, take out all the soldiers, retrieve the data files and free the hostage, then get out, all while trying not to die in the process.