not all that simple- peter parker

【lmao what even is this oneshot?! ehhh well I got a sudden burst of inspo (not really, I tried my best not to make it as repetitive as one of my other peter imagines) soooo here ya go...sorry for this piece of crap lol. If you enjoy reading cringey content, though, please do not hesitate and go ahead and read this but YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, THIS IS MAJOR CRINGE-WORTHY MATERIAL

The worst part of war for you weren't necessarily the bullets themselves. The shrill, screeching sounds that they made as they sailed through the air at impossibe speeds to tear through bone and brain was something that you'd learned to get used to over time. The sickening, crunching thud of impact when the bullet had made its intended target, the deep red blood pooling around the lifeless bodies of countless fallen soldiers numbed your mind because you'd seen it so many times before.

Those screams of agony and sheer terror didn't faze you even in the slightest, either.

You learned to become immune to those things, because with a role such as yours that included upholding the responsibilty of working well on a team to save the world together, there wasn't really any time for you to be afraid.

Raised to be brave and persevere through difficult situations, you became quite tough. Growing up with Tony Stark as your father and constantly surrounded by a genius scientist who had the ability to construct a bomb that could decimate entire cities within minutes, an ex-Red Room assassin, two super-soldiers, a powerful Norse God, and a man with impeccable bow-and-arrow skills, a bunch of superheroes, fighting and strategizing were the few things you were completely sure of and knew how to do well.

Though you were tough and seemingly cold-hearted, deep down, you were a loving person who couldn't go a day without the group of heroes, including your closest friend, Peter Parker, that you basically called your family.

Almost nothing scared you. You laughed in the face of fear herself who threatened to drag you down under to her never-ending pit of pain and despair multiple times before.

Nothing scared you, nothing really affected you. You weren't afraid of being afraid.

Peter thought he was fearless as well, until he saw your body laying there, unconsious, broken, bloody and bruised. He wasted no time in scooping you up into his arms, beginning to sprint towards the Quinjet across the fields as fast as his legs could take him.

Swinging webs wasn't an option, because he knew he'd be more easily noticed from the skies when there could be guards stationed in the watch towers above.

You blinked and rubbed your eyes, being able to make out the faint outline of someone's face, but other than that your vision was mostly blurry. A throbbing, white-hot pain was pulsing throughout your entire body and you felt dizzy and nauseous, on the verge of throwing up and passing out.

Maybe this was the end for you. Maybe you were finally going to give into Death's temptation and fall into its arms that stretched out to pull you down under to its never-ending abyss along with it.

"Hey, Y/N," Peter spoke softly, brushing a stray hair away from your face and trying not to cringe when his fingers came away stained with blood, your blood, "thank god you're still alive..."

"Peter," you croaked out, attempting to lift a hand up to touch his face but failing, your hand dropping down to the side and your other arm, that was slung across his neck in a steady hold was slowly loosening, which frankly, frightened him. "What's going on?"