it's all fun and games until... -peter parker (part 2)

"Fine." You took those two items into the changing room and stared at yourself in the mirror for a few seconds after putting them on. A hint of your toned stomach was showing beneath the sweater, and the plaid skirt worked wonders for your curves.

He really did have a pretty good sense of style. But you felt exposed.

"Y/N?" he called.

"Coming," You tugged the skirt down slightly before slipping your shoes back on.

You crossed your arms, whipping the curtain to the side. "Yeah yeah yeah, I look bad." Rolling your eyes, you tried tugging the skirt down again. "This is weird. My legs are exposed."

In reality, though, you were just embarrassed wearing those things in front of him, although you shouldn't be. He was your best friend, so why were you suddenly feeling so self-conscious?

His eyes looked you up and down for a fraction of a second before returning your stare. "You look good! We're buying."

"I don't want---"

"The deal, Y/N, the deal." He put a hand on the small of your back, which for some reason again, sent a spark up your spine.

What's making me feel this way? you wondered.

You got to the front of the register and were about to pull out your wallet to pay for your clothes when a hand pushed your hand away. "I'm paying," Peter insisted.

"No, it's fine, I can pay."

"I'm paying," he repeated. He took out some folded dollar bills and handed them over to the salesperson.

"Thanks," you mumbled as you took the bag and stepped out of the store. "I can't believe just one Mario Kart showdown led to this."

"Still sad you lost?" he teased.

"No, just annoyed because you keep rubbing your victory in my face," you replied, swatting his shoulder playfully.

"Ha. I will forever sit on the winner's throne."

Your stomach grumbled, and then, you were aware of how hungry you were, as you hadn't eaten anything all morning. "Uh, Peter?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we...get food? I'm hungry."

"Sure." He placed a hand on your arm and led you to, no surprise here, Starbucks, once again, paying for everything when he got to the register.

"I'm paying this time!" you argued.

"No, I am. It's only fair."

"I will pay."

"No, I will!" He quickly handed over his money.

"You guys make such a cute couple. Best wishes for the two of you," The lady smiled as she took Peter's money. "Have a nice day."

"Thank you, you too," Peter replied, leading you to your seat, your jaw dropped in shock at what had just happened.

"Did you really, Parker? That was so extra." You took a bite of your sandwich before talking again. "You already bought all my stuff."

"That's what a good guy does," he responded.

"You could've said that we weren't a couple!"

He simply smirked at your response. "It was funny to see your reaction. Your face was like, oh my god, what, huh?"

"You're evil, Parker. Was the spider on my bedroom wall yesterday morning sent by you?"

"No."

"Liar."