big news!- steve rogers

"Stop fidgeting, Y/N! You're gonna mess up your hair and makeup!" Natasha scolded you. lightly swatting your arm.

"Sorry," you apologized sheepishly, letting out a deep breath, "I'm just...nervous."

"Honey, there's no need to be, there's nothing to worry about," she reassured you, adjusting your veil and brushing your dress off.

"Oh my god," Wanda and Maria breathed out as they walked in, "you look amazing."

"Really?" You turned around to look at yourself in the mirror, admiring Natasha's makeup skills and the $5,000 dollar dress (which Tony had flown in two nights before from Paris) that hugged all your curves, making you look like a princess, or Thor would put it, 'the finest lady above all Asgardian maidens'.

"You look beautiful," Maria stepped forward, gripping your hand tightly, "Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys."

"Thank you," you whispered. "I can't believe this day has finally come...it feels so surreal. I don't know. It feels like a dream."

"Time sure flies," Wanda agreed. "It seemed like yesterday that you guys had your first kiss."

"Woah, something I missed out on?" Maria raised her eyebrows, a glint in her eyes.

"Oh yes," she grinned, sighing wistfully, "they got caught under the rain and it was so romantic."

"Like in the movies?"

"Yes, exactly like in the movies."

A knock sounded on the door as soon as she finished her sentence.

Tony made his way inside and he caught sight of you, his grin immediately widening at the same time that he began tearing up.

The billionaire, Tony Stark, on the verge of tears on his daughter's wedding day.

Now that sounded like an interesting newspaper headline.

"I'm really sending my baby off today," he came up to you and pulled you into a tight embrace. "I'm so proud of you, honey."

"Daaaaaad...." you whined, "save the crying for later. You're going to make me cry, too, and you're gonna mess up my makeup for the second time. Nat says she doesn't want to redo it again because there's so much to do.."

"Well," he sighed, holding his arm out for you to take, "you ready to go? He's waiting out there for you."

"I'm ready," you nodded, and he led you out the doors to the main chapel.

You took a deep breath and as the music started, began your walk down the aisle.

It seemed like a long way from the altar but as soon as you locked eyes with Steve, everyone else's faces disappeared. It was just you and him in that moment, about to be bound together for life, and there was nothing else that mattered more than that.

As soon as he saw you, his eyes filled up with tears.

His breath caught in his throat when he saw you making your way down the aisle, looking absolutely stunning, and happier than he'd ever seen you before, with an equally emotional-looking Tony walking by your side.

Even Bucky was crying.

Peter rested his head on Pietro's shoulder, full-on sobbing together, while Sam, Clint, Thor, and Bucky all blew their noses into tissues. It was rare to see Clint cry---especially Bucky, the coldest of them all.