it's always you, and it always has been- peter parker

<<a/n: OK OK ik I've done a lot of mission imagines but I've never done this style before and I've really been wanting to try it out so bear with meeeeeeee. it's like love/hate but the roles are reversed hehe this is for you @lolitslia>>

"A little help over here, guys?" you yelled into your comm before you got socked in the stomach and let out a groan before springing up at your attacker, a HYDRA agent, with your katana, the blade going clean through their chest. "I need some backup, now!"

"I got you," Bucky replied within seconds. "I'm on my way, kiddo. Barton's with me."

You quickly slid your katana back into its sheath in your holster and scanned the area as you ran down the hallway, passing more guards and other enemies and shooting them with your electric blasts as you sprinted past them all.

When you turned the corner, you saw Bucky approaching with Clint not far behind and skidded to a stop before you could crash into the cargo boxes and possibly break something. You'd already done enough of destroying things, anyways.

"About time," you panted as you looked back and forth between the two men, wiping the sweat from your brow and tossing the ball of light up and down in your hand. "Bucky, who has the file folders?"

"Peter does, and Natasha has the flashdrive," Clint answered for him. "We need to hurry and get out of here, though; they're all meeting us at the jet. If we stick around here for any longer we're as good as dead."

Bucky nodded once and you and Clint broke into a sprint behind him, going as fast as your legs could carry you out the doors and across the fields to the hangar bay where the Quinjet was stationed, and where the others had begun to arrive one by one or in pairs to board.

There was a group of escaped HYDRA agents behind you that began opening fire, and you whipped around to shoot your electric blasts at them, while Bucky aimed at them with his sniper as he looked back and ran.

You felt someone jerk you behind Clint and Bucky, wrapping an arm around your neck and their blade cutting your cheek, along with your shoulder and were about to aim for your throat when Clint's arrow pierced the side of their head, and their grip on you loosened, allowing you to run free.

You ignored the slightly stinging pain and the warm blood trickling down your face, knowing that there was no time to stop and hesitate because it would mean instant death if you did so.

Finally, you made it onto the Quinjet and Tony was starting the engine, and you felt completely fine other than for the cuts and bruises littering your face and arms when you saw Wanda looking down at your side with widened eyes, her face completely drained of all color.

"Y/N!" Peter exclaimed.

"What happened?" Wanda questioned, pointing down at your side and that was when you noticed the bullet wound in your abdomen, bleeding heavily.

When you brought a hand up to your side, it came back covered in blood, and it was just then that you felt the white-hot, stinging pain that seemed as if something had been set on fire and was burning you from the inside out.

Your vision began blurring and you suddenly felt dizzy, stumbling and quickly catching yourself by leaning a hand against your seat. The pain was slow but searing. Death seemed so tauntingly close yet so far away at the same time, and it took everything you had to fight to stay awake along with the ringing in your ears that wouldn't seem to go away no matter what you did to stop it.