different- peter parker

╒═══════════════════╕

a oneshot submitted by my

flag-twirling partner in crime

lolitslia!

╘═══════════════════╛

lmao I'm so sorry I didn't know what to name this but if you have any other names for it pls lmk thanks m8

also this was a really good storyline bro youre really talented

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

You wake up to an awfully annoying pounding feeling in your head, most likely caused by the HYDRA attack the day before. You slowly open your eyes to the blinding white lights of the hospital bed in the Avengers HQ. You squeeze your eyes shut, attempting to shut out the light completely, especially because you have a white blanket covering you, which only makes it more painful. You raise your hands and try to cover it, but your hands only get tangled in wires and tubes.

Your tired eyes finally adjust to the brightness of the room and you turn your head to see a sleeping Peter Parker. You roll your eyes and shake your head. Peters merely a coworker--- an acknowledged acquaintance. Most would say you're friends, as you two share a few classes and talk a lot and eat lunch together, but it's mainly because your friends are friends and they dragged you together. Also, most of the time you two are arguing about which shape is the weirdest (Peter thinks it's a circle; you say hexagon), or what's the most fun word to say (Peter says Dodecahedron, you argue Albuquerque), or something random like that.

You bring your hands up to rub your eyes, but only one hand meets its destination. You look down and you see that your right arm is gone. You scream and jump around the room in a panic, also waking up Peter.

"What the hell, Y/N!" Peter demands, shooting up from his seat. You try to form words, but you can only manage so many syllables. "Y/N, I can't buy more caramel." He says, sleepily rubbing his eyes.

"I said, where's my freaking arm!" You shout in panic, making Peter jump.

"You don't remember?" You shake your head 'no'. "We raided a HYDRA base yesterday. You got shot in the arm, I think? Anyway, there was blood everywhere and Dr. Banner said that it was basically useless now and he got it amputated." Peter explains casually.

You groan in frustration and tug at your hair. "Do you know if I'll be getting a prostatic soon?"

"Prosthetic." Peter corrects.

"That's what I said, prosthetic."

Peter opens his mouth to correct you but decides not to. "I believe Mr. Stark said that one will be ready in... four days? Five days? Something around that."

You nod and go to your bedroom to change into comfy sweatpants and a t-shirt. You attempt to put your hair up, but you end up just brushing it and leaving it down. You walk downstairs to the other Avengers, who's loud, chattering voices become a quiet whisper when they see you. You do your best to ignore them and grab a banana from the fruit basket for breakfast. You attempt to peel it with one hand. Failure. You grab a knife and cut the top part off and then try to peel it. Failure. You put your cheek on the banana to hold it still and peel the banana. Good job. Mission accomplished.