advice and puppy love- peter parker (part 2)

Once you were in your room all together, Wanda pulled out the giant box full of all the supplies. "Alright ladies. Let's get this girls day started!"

"Hell yeah," you and Natasha cheered.

You got started on giving each other manicures. Wanda insisted on getting one with dogs (most likely her brother's influence) so she did.

You just did a simple, pale pink color for your nails because you were lazy.

"So, ladies, any gossip for us you got today?" Natasha asked as she swiped polish across her pinkie. "Romance, angst, sadness, happiness..."

"Nope," you said.

"Me neither," Wanda stared down at her newly painted fingernails. "All that's happened to me so far is Vision got me cheese bread, but that's pretty much it. But I know that Y/N here has feelings for someone..." She put extra emphasis on the word 'feelings'.

"Pfft, I don't like anyone," you scoffed, waving the idea off. "Why would I? I have no reason to, that's stupid---"

"Mhm...sure," she smirked. "Of course you don't."

"I don't!" you exclaimed, waving your arms around wildly.

"Two words. Peter. Parker."

"Oh god..." you muttered. "How the hell did you guys find out..."

"Easy to tell. It's so, so easy to tell, girl," she swatted your shoulder. "I see the way you look at him."

"Yeah," Natasha agreed. "You guys both look at each other with puppy eyes." At those words, she and Wanda shared a knowing look, grinning foolishly at each other.

"We don't!" you denied, sticking your hands in the gel drier and waiting for the polish to dry up.

"You do."

It went back and forth like that for the next few minutes until Bucky barged in.

"Really, Buck?" you all groaned at the same time, rolling your eyes in annoyance.

"There's McDonald's downstairs..." he sang, and all of you immediately sprung off the bed, sprinting downstairs.

"Just kidding!" he teased.

"BUCKY!" You yelled, and were about to leap forward for him when a pair of strong arms held you back.

"Woah there, kiddo," Clint kept a firm grip on you. "Before you lash out at him, take a seat." You reluctantly sat down on the sofa. "And he's kidding, I have chicken nuggets." He handed you a box and your face lit up, you took out a chicken nugget from the box and practically swallowed the thing whole.

Right at that moment, Pietro, Steve, and the others filed into the room in a neat line and then, stood in an even neater half-circle in front of the TV, their hands behind their backs.

"What is this, a cult?" you questioned.

Tony snorted. "No."

"You look like you're dying or something, buddy," Sam patted Steve's shoulder, then lowered his voice to a whisper. "If you do that she's going to get suspicious and soon figure out that you have balloons stuffed behind you."

"Okay, okay," Steve readjusted his position and expression. "Better?"

"Much better. You don't look constipated anymore."

"Constipated? Really, Sam?"

"I'm telling the truth!"

"Will you guys tell me what the hell is going on?" you finally said. "First of all, I overhear some weird ass conversations between you guys---"

"Language, missy," Steve warned.

"Whatever. And on top of those weird ass conversations, you guys are acting like you're all part of a cult, and Tony is your cult leader, and...where is Peter? Oh my god guys, did you SACRIFICE him to the demons?"

"No," they all burst into collective laughter. "He's right here."

They parted down the middle and Peter stepped out from behind them, his hands also behind his back and wearing an innocent expression on his face that you just couldn't get mad at.

"Go," Bucky mouthed to Pietro from behind you, so you couldn't see. "Get the box. Pie, you got the note tied on?"

The speedster nodded briefly, and nudged Peter in the shoulder. "Okay, I am opening the box now."

At those words Sam let go of whatever he had been holding behind his back, which turned out to be balloons. They floated into the air, an explosion of color.

"Jesus, Wilson, you've been hiding that the whole time?" you asked.

"Yup," he replied proudly.

Then you noticed that something was moving inside of the crate, and Peter was handed something thin, red, and...what was that?

"Oh my god," you gasped, your hands flying up to your mouth. You were completely taken by surprise.

A tiny, teacup Pomeranian was bouncing up and down, tail wagging and tongue hanging out of its mouth. There was a rose in its mouth, which it dropped at your feet, and on its collar hung a little note. You squinted and read the neat block writing:

Will you go out with me? I'm begging you. You can have this fluffball if you do;) -Peter

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god," you squealed, stroking the puppy's head.

The team, especially Peter, waited anxiously for your answer.

Peter cleared his throat, trying to steady his voice. "So, Y/N...will you...go out with me?"

"Not just because of this adorable little thing here, but YES!" You launched yourself into his arms and he held you tight, the team cheering loudly and wolf-whistling.

"Nice work, fellas," Nick congratulated from behind you.

"Director, you were in on this too?" You grinned.

"Mhm, of course I was. Now do something. Something big is supposed to happen after a big confession."

"It sure does," Peter tugged you to him, pressing his lips to yours.

"Ow! He whacked me with the boppy balloon!" Bucky whined. "SAM! YOU DO THAT AGAIN AND I WILL GET Y/N'S PUPPY TO TAKE A DUMP ON YOUR FACE!"

You and Peter chuckled lowly at the sight of Bucky taking the boppy balloon and chasing after the terrified Falcon. They honestly had the most iconic friendship here, aside from the last time you visited Wakanda and you, Shuri, and Peter instantly became best friends, bonding over memes and T'Challa's homemade tea.

"What are we naming it?" you looked up into his deep, brown eyes.

"Oh! Since it's a girl..."

"Ooh, a girl puppy! The odds are in my favor today!" Natasha clapped her hands together excitedly. "Name it Natalie. Nat for short. After me."

"Natasha Jr.," you and Peter said in one voice.

"Thank you for not being a traitor, unlike Barton here," she whacked Clint's shoulder jokingly. "He betrayed me by calling his snake Nathaniel."

"Excuse me, Natasha, but the snake was a guy."

"Who cares?"