snow(falling) in love with you- steve rogers (part one)

╒═══════════════════╕

a story about the first snowfall

and falling in love even though

you don't want to

╘═══════════════════╛

I apologize for the cliche theme but I've been inspired after watching a really good K-drama scene lolllll. Credits to the producers of Crash Landing on You for a majority of the dialogue. I just couldn't hold back from writing with it!!!

When I was watching this scene I literally almost cried T_T the way they look at each other skskskks

I tried to make it emotional but as you know I suck at that stuff so it's gonna be reallllly bad but HEY a mediocre title for once! It's gonna be a two-part oneshot to make up for the lack of updates lately so buckle up and get ready to cringe!!! yeet:)

★━━━━━━✩━━━━━━★

After a successful mission Tony declared that everyone deserved to kick back and relax, so he rented out a cozy cafe for the night at the top floor of a skyscraper with a stunning view. You and Steve decided on a seat near the giant window which gave one of the best views in the entire cafe, settling down together and ordering your drinks, ginger ale for him and matcha green tea, a signature late night beverage, for you.

"It's snowing," you gasped, leaning forward and eyes widening as you looked out at the glass that stretched from ceiling to floor in front of your cushiony loveseat. Little snowflakes twinkled like stars as they fluttered down from the sky, and it was hard to tear your eyes away from the stunning sight. "Steve, look, it's snowing."

"I'm watching, I'm watching," he reassured you, fixating his gaze out ahead.

"Wait, isn't this the first snow?" you questioned, turning to look over at him before looking forward again. "Geez, we're in trouble. This isn't good."

Steve tilted his head in confusion at your statement. "What do you mean?"

"If you watch the first snow with someone, your love with be fulfilled. Have you not heard of this myth?"

"Huh," the super-soldier hummed, "I've never heard of that one before. This is my first time hearing it."

You looked around a few times, then leaned into his ear, "In many major cities the communications network would crash when it was the first snowfall of the season. It's crazy. People say that they're all trying to set up a date with their crushes. Why? If they watch the first snowfall together, their love comes true."

He only looks more confused at this. "Really?"

You nodded. "Really. Pepper likes to say that this played a key part in hers and Tony's relationship because she said she and him got engaged during the wintertime, but I don't know. It could be possible, though. You never know."

A forlorn expression suddenly crossed over your face when you came to the realization that things probably wouldn't work out between you two, and you paused, swallowing the lump in your throat. "But it isn't supposed to work out between us. It'd be a mess."

Steve almost choked on his drink and he swore he felt his heart stop for a second, clearing his throat quickly and avoiding your gaze as he did so. "Yeah. A big mess."