Highland Park High School Student Interviews

TRANSCRIPT OF TAPED INTERVIEWS BETWEEN DETECTIVE BRANDON AND STUDENTS OF HIGHLAND PARK HIGH SCHOOL ON FRIDAY THE 27TH OF APRIL, 2018

ALSO PRESENT: DETECTIVE MARTÌNEZ

LOCATION OF INTERVIEW: HIGHLAND PARK HIGH SCHOOL

TIME COMMENCED: 11:23 AM

Detective Brandon: How long have you known Caitlyn?

Student 1: Couple years.

Detective Brandon: How would you describe her?

Student 1: Pretty, popular, stuck up.

Detective Brandon: Stuck up?

Student 1: You could tell she thought she was better than everyone else.

Detective Brandon: How so?

Student 1: Just by the way she carried herself, and how she was too good to get close to anyone.

Detective Brandon: Too good to get close to anyone? So are you saying she didn't have a lot of friends?

Student 1: Just Emily really. I don't know why though. That girl is a slut. Complete opposite of Caitlyn. She was a total prude.

Detective Brandon: How do you know?

Student 1: How do I know she was a prude? Because she was. 

Detective Brandon: Are you speaking from a personal experience?

Student 1: No.

Detective Brandon: Then how do you know?

Student 1: That's what everyone said.

Detective Brandon: I see. Did she have any enemies?

Student 1: Enemies? Nah, but just about every girl in school was jealous of her and you know how crazy girls can get when they're jealous. There's nothing scarier than a girl green with envy. If I were you, I'd be looking for a female suspect. High school bitches be craaaazaaay.

***

Detective Brandon: How long have you known Caitlyn?

Student 2: Three years.

Detective Brandon: How would you describe her?

Student 2: Gorgeous, approachable yet unapproachable, wicked smart, but not just book smart. She was...what's the word...clever. I watched her hand Jacob Mullarkey his ass once in the hallway.

Detective Brandon: Hand him his ass?

Student 2: Yeah, he tried to lift up her skirt as she was walking by and she ripped him a new one. Flat out humiliated him in front of an entire hallway of students. He didn't even know how to respond. It was awesome.

Detective Brandon: So she was the kind of girl who didn't take shit from anyone? The kind that would defend herself?

Student 2: Yeah, you could say that. Not many people would have the balls to say something like that to Jacob Mullarkey.

Detective Martinez: You keep saying his first and last name. Is he some sort of celebrity or something?

Student 2: Ha! No, just a punk who thought he could get any girl he wanted. Hey, is this interview going to be published, like in the newspaper or a magazine or something?